UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

vs. CCSU

Congrats to the Danes on our first HOME win this season! Here are some articles about the game:

UAlbany 64, Central Connecticut 63 FINAL

http://therecordspor...t-63-final.html

Ambrose's late shot gives UAlbany the win

http://www.troyrecor...wmode=fullstory

Great Danes hold off Central Connecticut

http://blog.timesuni...nnecticut/9503/

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the box score jogged a few more memories/comments:

Logan's one-handed dunk was awesome. He only had 8 points (again), but those two were amazing.

Puk and Devlin did a nice job keeping their fouls down (2 and 3, respectively). Also, neither of them turned the ball over.

Something very encouraging: 75% from the line! (9 for 12) Surprisingly, Tim didn't take any foul shots.

Never seen a kid give a ref the finger like the kid at the end of the game did. WOW

Which kid?

Right after the technical was called on him, he was getting pushed away and just threw up the biggest bird I've seen in any sporting game. The ref turned around towards the sideline and didn't see it.

Did anyone catch what happened between #22 and the ref? I saw him bitching to the ref while on defense (I think about Ambrose, but I didn't see what happened to make him complain). Next thing I know, there is a jump ball/turnover by UA, and a few seconds later the ref gives him a technical. I know he was running his mouth - he didn't stop even after the technical - but does anyone know what it was about?

According the Elkin, 22 thought he got an intentional elbow to face from Ambrose on his layup, no call, he kept complaining about it until he got T'd up

I dunno if that's what had him pissed. I think this is what transpired:

He was shadowing Ambrose up the court after a layup and they bumped into each other (and both put their arms up). Ref called the kid on the foul and the kid blew up. Wish I had caught it for the PAGN highlight video. T'was awesome. lol.

Never seen a kid give a ref the finger like the kid at the end of the game did. WOW

Which kid?

Right after the technical was called on him, he was getting pushed away and just threw up the biggest bird I've seen in any sporting game. The ref turned around towards the sideline and didn't see it.

I lol'ed at that.

My impressions:

Puk - WOW. He had a GREAT game and was a presence in the paint in terms of rebounds, changing shots, and blocking shots.

Iati - Terrible. Period.

Black - His court vision is what makes us better when he's on the floor. Unlike Iati, he can spot a wide open Logan or Devlin in the corner from the top of the key while being chased around by his man.

Ambrose - 7 TO's or not, this guy is one of the best UAlbany players to ever play. Period.

Metcalf/Devlin - Good work on the inside

Team - WOW. Our zone was AWESOME for most of the game. The only times they scored in the first half was when someone was a step slow on the rotation. If the rotation was crisp, they had no looks.

It's hard to know how to feel like after a win like this. We were EXPOSED on a lot of levels, but at the same time, we pushed through in the final minutes while black and aronhalt were ineffective. A week off, then on to .... .500!?!?

Full thoughts on PAGN.

Wilkins' blog with some interesting comments.

Will on Black going down late:

"'He is the closest thing we have to an Academy Award winner,' Brown said.

Whatever that means."

"Dickenman said he thinks the series with the Danes will not be played next year. He says he has heard that the Danes will be in the preseason NIT next season. No one from the UAlbany sports information department would say anything about that. Because, they don’t know. Or they aren’t saying."

Looks like Tim W was typing fast and not proofreading the second half of this blog entry. Like reading the bozos who post on sports message boards. :lol:

Also, Tim's Sunday conversation with Tim Ambrose

Ambrose saves Danes - T-U game story

Ambrose strikes again - Record story

I'm not questioning you guys, but it was a UA home game which I attended. I am PRETTY sure it was CCSU. It was on our court. We turned the tables on them. Now that I think about it, it wasn't last year because were terrible last year. Must have been the year before. I don't think it was 3 years ago.

Any recollection of what game I'm speaking of? I don't know why, but I feel like it was CCSU.

Are you thinking about the Yale game. Forget the final but we scored 50 in the second half. Big game by Billy Allen too.

Archived