UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ UVM

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big game coming up! Vermont is tough and has been the most consistent team in the AE. They have a game tonight to open their AE slate at SB and will have only one day off to prepare while we've been off since Sunday.

Tripple ot tonight!

LOL, this would be a huge win, especially against that caliber of a team. I gotta be honest, they've looked the best in the league so far and my pick to win the AE.

Gotta steal a few road games here and there to have a good AE season.

UVM Preview up on PAGN

I'd also like to take a moment and thank all of you who frequent the blog for a successful first year and remind those that don't regularly visit to subscribe to the blog. You'll never get spammed and your e-mail will not be sold (if I can do anything about it). Subscribing basically shoots you an e-mail version of anything we put up as well as informing you that there is new content.

Hope the blog is informative and fun for all to read.

Kudos to all who visit for the 100+ unique hits a day we get, we've had days with as many as 160 unique hits.

Also would like to thank Doc for his MUCH APPRECIATED contribution and partnering with me in an effort to bring unique coverage to UA hoops. We all know the TU sucks and doesn't give us any run.

DP, I hope this plug isn't out of line.

Click, no sweat with the plug. You guys are doing an awesome job with P+G Nation. No doubt the best blog in America East but I might be biased.

I'm hoping the number of big guys we can throw at the mustache will slow him down tomorrow night. Sounded like Stony Brook played pretty good defense or they had a poor shooting night (1-13 from three.) Of course they went 1-13 from three and won.

UVM will have a Gonzaga transfer visiting on campus tomorrow night.

I think pagn is great. Pagn and big purple fans are different because one is a blog and one is a message board/forum to discuss ua sports. Blogs are for news and updates where as forums are for discussions. Both are great and I visit both every day.

Speaking of the Purple and Gold blog, I've added a link over at the uofalbany.blogspot.com site.

Also, over at the blog, I've been working on the UAlbany All Americans list.

If any of you have a chance, I'd like to know if you notice any names I've left off.

http://uofalbany.blogspot.com/2011/01/university-of-albany-all-americans.html

I'm trying to find UAlbany football All Americans before the fcs DI era, if anyone knows where to find it.

They only list fcs all americans in the media guide, unless I missed it.

I am pretty sure Matt Caliandro, Scotty Turin, Seth Thomas and Dan Gmelin were football All-Americans at the DII and DIII level. I am sure i can think of others. Jason Graber in hoops. Couple of lax guys...I think Dave Crone at GK.

Yes, offensive lineman Scott Turrin (two 'R's) was a Kodak All-American Division III first-teamer in 1992.

Scott Turrin was my suitemate my first year up at Albany. Real good football player and all around good guy. Had some fun times back in Colonial Quad.

Archived