UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ UVM

Scott was a really great guy. Big...but totally a teddy bear. Tough as $iena though. One of my favorite Albany people ever. Have a great WT's story about him when he was unofficially working the door one night (by unofficially, I mean he was delivering us beers at the door and looking menacing when he needed it).

The short of it...some punk was mouthing off that we didnt know anything about id's and his was real, so Scotty asked to see it...then ran around on his tippy toes as the kid was jumping up trying to grab it. He even ran across the street to that big ass driveway behind the brownstones...while the kid chased him. Finally, Scott put it on top of some air conditioning housing (or maybe it was the smoke eater) as we watched the kid try to retrieve it for an hour (he was really short).

Another story (hand to g-d true)...I reported early to the dorms and one of the lax guys...may have been Dave Crone...not sure...took me to the supermarket. There was, in all their hugeness, Scott and Chad Hotaling...at that time, two of the biggest guys I have ever seen that were football players--- I think they averaged like 6'4 and 310.

I look into their two shopping carts-- one was filled with steaks and whole chickens...the other with veggies, starches/carbs and other crap. I nonchalantly said, "Damn...smart idea shopping for a month". Chad shoots back, "A month...maybe for your skinny ass...but this is like a week for us." Yep, that's when I realized college football was a whole different animal than High School Football. Chad was a great guy as well.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

game day and theres no pregame stories from anywhere.

typical...

It is on Page One of the Times Union Sports section, top of the page.

was that on print? if so i dont get the times union. i only use the online with the links listed here on the bpf.

Got to laugh at the section where he is talking about Vermont vs. the maac.

There is no such thing as an elite maac team even if they did have a big game against us. And doesn't weaker maac teams describe all of them except for Iona and Fairfield.

"Vermont beat an elite Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference team (Iona) and also has two other wins over weaker MAAC teams in Loyola and Marist. One of the Catamounts' losses came against Fairfield of the MAAC."

I'm surprised any coach would let his player look like that!

If I were coaching, dude would have a crew cut by now.

Great story 96 and thanks for the AA info... thanks to 72 and 91 as well.

Dslyank - I contacted channelsurfing a few hours ago. Haven't heard anything as of yet.

I'm surprised any coach would let his player look like that!

If I were coaching, dude would have a crew cut by now.

Great story 96 and thanks for the AA info... thanks to 72 and 91 as well.

Dslyank - I contacted channelsurfing a few hours ago. Haven't heard anything as of yet.

He did it to raise money for cancer, which I think is what his mom died of earlier this year. But now I think he keeps it for the attention:

http://twitter.com/#!/FjeldsMustache

Archived