Photo
- - - - -

Discord for UA Fans

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Will you participate in a BPF Discord Server?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Will you participate in a BPF Discord Server?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 alexfamous

alexfamous

Dane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:13 AM

Hello,

My name is Alex. I am UA graduate from 2008. I was wondering if anyone on the forum will be interested in live chatting on a application called Discord. Discord is a text and voice chatting service mainly used for computer gaming but recently the application has expanded to the sporting world. It is a free service and is available for the computer and mobile phone. I am willing to moderate and own the Casey Big Purple Fans Discord server. This could be a viable option for any UA fans outside Albany area. I live in Philadelphia currently. 

I am posting this to gage interest. I have made a poll also. I will follow the majority. Thanks guys and gals. 

#2 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,947 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:34 AM

I've heard of this but don't know too much about it.

Does it allow you to read the transcript later?

I could see a use for this to chat live during a game whether we're sitting in SEFCU or watching on TV so we don't have 7 pages of 'OH NO', 'OH YES', 'BANG! 3!' in a game thread lol.

Pre-game and post-game and other discussion would still be better served being on here though.

Edited by Eli, 08 February 2018 - 11:49 AM.

GO DANES!!!

#3 alexfamous

alexfamous

Dane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:40 AM

Does it allow you to reach the transcript later?

I could see a use for this to chat live during a game whether we're sitting in SEFCU or watching on TV so we don't have 7 pages of 'OH NO', 'OH YES', 'BANG! 3!' in a game thread lol.

Pre-game and post-game and other discussion would still be better served being on here though.

Yes it does allow you to read the transcript later and i agree for games it is a better option. Let me set it up and Message you the details. You scroll through the chat. 

Edited by alexfamous, 08 February 2018 - 11:41 AM.

#4 Clickclack

Clickclack

BPF Bracket Challenge Winner

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,917 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:44 AM

I think if it's in ADDITION to this forum for in-game posting I'd be interested. 

#5 alexfamous

alexfamous

Dane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:43 PM

I think if it's in ADDITION to this forum for in-game posting I'd be interested. 

ClickClack, I can send you an invite if you want to check it out.

#6 Clickclack

Clickclack

BPF Bracket Challenge Winner

• Big Purple Fans
  • 10,917 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:12 PM

ClickClack, I can send you an invite if you want to check it out.

Just to be clear, I think it would be interesting to try for in-game talk. I don't see it as a viable replacement for long term discussion etc. due to what I understand it not being a persistent platform. 

#7 Dane Pound

Dane Pound

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,837 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:14 PM

There have been times when I've been away and it's been fun to come back and read the game threads. As bizarre as that sounds.

#8 alexfamous

alexfamous

Dane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:13 PM

There have been times when I've been away and it's been fun to come back and read the game threads. As bizarre as that sounds.

Agreed. But this will be for games mostly. I am in no way trying to disturb the forums. i can invite you to the server Dane to take a look if you want. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users