Photo

2017-18 MBB Schedule

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#1 Phoenix

Phoenix

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:29 PM

Rothstein tweeted today that we will play at Louisville next season. 

That seems to mesh with previous rumors that the UAlbany/Siena game will be part of some sort of tournament..with the Cardinals being one of the major opponents. 

Guesses on other games based on recent schedules, reports, etc...

Home:

Colgate - return game (have alternated H/A each year since 2011)

Canisius - return game

Columbia - return game

Bryant - (tournament?)

Away:

Louisville - reports (tournament?)

Memphis - (tournament?)

Siena - last year of the current three year deal (tournament?)

Edited by Phoenix, 05 April 2017 - 12:43 PM.

#2 UA'08

UA'08

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,533 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 07:10 PM

Series I'd like to see get started...
Northeastern
Hofstra
Bucknell
BU
Iona
Monmouth

#3 Dane Pound

Dane Pound

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,633 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:20 AM

I'd add Buffalo to that list of UA'08.

Guessing the tournament would be similar to last year, we play @Louisville and @Memphis then have two games at the TUC.

#4 bob87

bob87

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 2,734 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:32 AM

Louisville is an awesome arena. I have only saw a concert there but am hoping I can make the trip for our game.

If I was going to add to UA08 list, I would add Buffalo like DP did. I am not overly excited about starting a series against a maac team even the current top of the maac unless we end a maac series at the same time

The number 1 place I would like to go that I haven't already been to a game yet is Hinkle field house for  Butler. Hope some year down the road we can go there

#5 godanesgo99

godanesgo99

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 637 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:05 PM

Guessing the tournament would be similar to last year, we play @Louisville and @Memphis then have two games at the TUC.

The real questions would be, will we be able to get one or both of those teams to play at the TUC? They are listed as "away" above, but the games at TUC would be considered away wouldn't they? Or would they show neutral? 

UA Class of '99

Go Danes!

#6 bob87

bob87

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 2,734 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:30 PM

The real questions would be, will we be able to get one or both of those teams to play at the TUC? They are listed as "away" above, but the games at TUC would be considered away wouldn't they? Or would they show neutral? 

No those teams aren't travelling to low major LCC.

The way these usually work is 4 majors host 2 games each against mid majors (or low majors in LCC's case) and then travel to a neutral site for 2 more games among themselves. The mid and low majors after 2 games at high majors play 2 additional games vs. other mid majors in the "tournament"

#7 UA'08

UA'08

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,533 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 01:22 PM

Add Fordham and St Bona if that bridge can be mended.

#8 Dane Pound

Dane Pound

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,633 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:02 PM

I don't see St. Bona ever getting back on the schedule. The last trip out there was pretty unpleasant and there are a lot of other schools to choose from.

#9 Phoenix

Phoenix

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 01:42 PM

Per the Athletics release..the Siena game will be at the TU Center with a split bowl on December 9th. Part of the 2017 Gotham Classic. 

#10 Clickclack

Clickclack

BPF Bracket Challenge Winner

• Big Purple Fans
  • 10,414 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 02:24 PM

Per the Athletics release..the Siena game will be at the TU Center with a split bowl on December 9th. Part of the 2017 Gotham Classic. 

Good...I expect the following year to be at SEFCU

#11 Dane Pound

Dane Pound

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,633 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 07:34 PM

Should be a fun atmosphere when they split the arena. It took almost 20 years but I'm glad it happened.

#12 bob87

bob87

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 2,734 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:42 PM

When is the rest of the gotham classic game dates announced. Assuming the rumors are correct I would go louisville and memphis if the schedule allows

Edited by bob87, 02 May 2017 - 09:04 PM.

#13 UAalum72

UAalum72

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,767 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:25 AM

Early sale of tickets to the Gotham Classic game to season ticket holders until the end of May, seating chart released

QTITPGPLBVFHDFA.20170502152243.jpg

#14 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,147 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 11:18 PM

Early sale of tickets to the Gotham Classic game to season ticket holders until the end of May, seating chart released

Wonder why I didn't get an email from the department about this sale?

GO DANES!!!

#15 Phoenix

Phoenix

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 05:31 AM

Wonder why I didn't get an email from the department about this sale?

I don't believe they sent one out (yet?). They have the info on their website and in the season ticket renewal packages. I received mine in the mail yesterday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users