UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany Hockey

Ualbany Hockey

I'm not sure how many of you are aware that UAlbany has a hockey team so I thought I would post something on here about us. If you don't know about us its because we are a club team, however it is very competitive hockey. We have won our league championship 2 out of the last 3 years and have gone to nationals the last 2 years. Last year we made it all the way to the national championship before losing to Kennesaw State. Check us out at asuhockey.com. Here are some

from last year.

All home games are played at the Albany Academy Fieldhouse on Hacket Blvd. Come down and check out a game this year. The schedule and directions to the rink are on the website.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure how many of you are aware that UAlbany has a hockey team so I thought I would post something on here about us. If you don't know about us its because we are a club team, however it is very competitive hockey. We have won our league championship 2 out of the last 3 years and have gone to nationals the last 2 years. Last year we made it all the way to the national championship before losing to Kennesaw State. Check us out at asuhockey.com. Here are some
from last year.

All home games are played at the Albany Academy Fieldhouse on Hacket Blvd. Come down and check out a game this year. The schedule and directions to the rink are on the website.

Welcome UAlbany Hockey. We have to beat Kennesaw State this year! There is no ice in Atlanta, how can they win? Go Danes!!!

from last year.

Thanks for the reminder. I ran into a coach a couple of years ago at the D1 Frozen 4 and I have been meaning to see a game since then. I will mark my calender and make at least a couple of games this season.

Welcome UalbanyHockey. Good luck this season. Since were on the topic, what are the chances of UA getting moving the hockey team from club level to full fledged D1. Were in a very hockey rich region with a strong tradition. I assume because of title XI we would have to add some women's programs which is good also. Any thoughts on addin more sports in general?

I'm sure we could find ice time somewhere to practice, and as far as games go....maybe at the TUC?

How about not? Playing at the TUC we couldn't harass $iena about the empty seats at their BB games.

I'd love to have D-I hockey, but without a campus rink, hockey's way too expensive, unless some multimillionaire underwrites the entire program.

I've been to a few of our games, but at least during Gail Cummings' time there were no plans to add it as a varsity sport.

I'm sure we could find ice time somewhere to practice, and as far as games go....maybe at the TUC?

How about not? Playing at the TUC we couldn't harass $iena about the empty seats at their BB games.

I'd love to have D-I hockey, but without a campus rink, hockey's way too expensive, unless some multimillionaire underwrites the entire program.

After the football stadium debacle is resolved, maybe out next mission should be exploring the possibility of adding D-I hockey. Since we'll inevitably outgrow the 'CUE, maybe its successor 15-20 years down the road can have provisions for a rink which personally I think is something that should have been done with the 'CUE when it was being built though like all facilities it was built looking only forward a certain distance.

Let's try to be realistic - when building the RACC nobody could have looked forward enough to anticipate UA going DI and adding a hockey arena at the same time.

DI Hockey would be tremendous but in light of going full scholarship football and building a football stadium to think we can entertain going scholarship hockey and building an on campus hockey facilty is ridiculous.

Just think of the Title IX implications on top of everything else.

It's easy to talk the talk and place demands on the Administration it's quite a bit different trying to get square pegs in round holes.

Financially what is feasible and what isn't????????

Do we have stands and a press box for our turf facility yet? What improvements have been done for Baseball? What about our super track program and its inferior facilities?

Lets try to be a little realistic! Lets look on the positive side and see how quickly we have advanced as a DI school.

Let's try to be realistic - when building the RACC nobody could have looked forward enough to anticipate UA going DI and adding a hockey arena at the same time.

Just like when our current football field was built nobody could have envisioned any sort of competitive football being played (D-III, yet alone FCS).

Women's hockey isn't that bad;)

I still say do the way overdue stadium project with a track and upgrade the baseball diamond. Let the hockey issue come around when the 'CUE becomes outmoded and a competitive program can start fresh with a new building. It'll give us something to look forward to in 20 years:)

Patch is right. Don't bite off more then you can chew. We can't fully fund the current sports and we need millions to bring our exisitng facilities up to parity... athletic and otherwise. Adding additional sports shouldn't even be a thought, expecially an expensive one. Eyes on the prize, lets get our stadium behind us first.

Just like when our current football field was built nobody could have envisioned any sort of competitive football being played (D-III, yet alone FCS).

Women's hockey isn't that bad;)

I still say do the way overdue stadium project with a track and upgrade the baseball diamond. Let the hockey issue come around when the 'CUE becomes outmoded and a competitive program can start fresh with a new building. It'll give us something to look forward to in 20 years:)

Football stadiums should never feature a track...and this one won't. Period...end of discussion.

As far as hockey, we had our opportunity and passed. Prior to CESTM being built, the owner of the River Rats inquired with the administration on whether or not they would like to share the costs of building a rink on the CESTM land...to house the Rats...and Albany.

We said no.

Done deal.

As far as hockey, we had our opportunity and passed. Prior to CESTM being built, the owner of the River Rats inquired with the administration on whether or not they would like to share the costs of building a rink on the CESTM land...to house the Rats...and Albany.

We said no.

Done deal.

Do you have a date for this? This sounds more like a Hitchcock "we're good enough as it is" deal rather than a UA "we don't want hockey" deal and if it's old enough it might also be a "bite off more than we can chew" deal.

Would Kermit or Herbst have responded otherwise if the deal happened under their watch? I somehow think not...

Archived