UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2017-18 Season

vermont's loss to the Bonnie's was technically @ a neutral site; Chase Arena Rochester. Bonnie's not exactly a major power. $ienna played St.B close for a half (lost by 20 eventually), I recall. I think some people have discounted that vt did lose some quality players from last year. Dre Willis for one; someone who haunted UA for four years. I guarantee you vt would not have beaten us three times last year without Willis and more than likely we win that last game if Willis was not a vermonter. I am not saying vt is not good, but perhaps a bit overrated. Their schedule except the fact they are always on the road is not all that impressive and aren't good teams supposed to steal a few wins on the road.

Edited by dslyank

I think we also havent had enough chances against opponents that would be considered marquee wins

On paper, Iona, Yale, Memphis, Louisville, Kent St. are supposed to be pretty good games.

Key is on paper. I get that is obviously out of our control. Can still pick one up tomorrow lol

I think we also havent had enough chances against opponents that would be considered marquee wins

On paper, Iona, Yale, Memphis, Louisville, Kent St. are supposed to be pretty good games.

I would also say that the teams that were on our schedule were expected to be better than they have been. They haven't been, which has hurt our SOS and RPI. But hey, you can only play the teams you schedule.

Edited by TheLoudestTrumpet

Also, on the difference in polls, the Mid-Major Madness poll includes several conferences as "Mid-Major" that the College Insider Poll does not include.

Conferences not included in the college insider, but are in the MMMadness poll include: Mountain West, A10, and Conference USA to name the first few conferences I noticed.

The MMMadness Poll has UVM at 16 and UA at 31

The College Insider has UA at 5 and UVM at 26

• Like 1

vermont's loss to the Bonnie's was technically @ a neutral site; Chase Arena Rochester. Bonnie's not exactly a major power. $ienna played St.B close for a half (lost by 20 eventually), I recall. I think some people have discounted that vt did lose some quality players from last year. Dre Willis for one; someone who haunted UA for four years. I guarantee you vt would not have beaten us three times last year without Willis and more than likely we win that last game if Willis was not a vermonter.

True but the Bonnies will probably be in the top tier of the A10. I'd consider that a good win if it was us.

Agree with you about Willis. I watched the two Vermont - UMBC games last year and I don't know that they would have beaten UMBC without Willis. I think some Vermont fans took him for granted. He was a really nice piece coming off the bench for them. Kind of like Levi Levine's senior year when he came off the bench. Vermont has looked good when I've seen them, maybe not quite as deep as they were last year but still damn good.

Without comparing the stat sheets and using only the eye test, I thought UVM's backcourt did a much better job guarding Siena's backcourt than we did IMHO (Siena looked lost against UVM). On the other hand, we played at Siena, and UVM got Siena at Patrick Gym, a tough place to play. UVM plays hard and consistent, just like a Will Brown team in March. An early spring battle is looming ... .

Edited by UA_MA_2000

https://deadspin.com/this-0-13-basketball-team-is-a-favorite-to-make-the-nca-1821600072

Does anyone know around how much it costs UA to host a regular season home game?

Sounds like they're financing their athletic budget through guarantee games against BCS schools.

Their conference, the SWAC has 10 teams and 5 of them haven't won a basketball game yet. Combined, they are 0-65 on the season. Yikes!

https://deadspin.com/this-0-13-basketball-team-is-a-favorite-to-make-the-nca-1821600072

Does anyone know around how much it costs UA to host a regular season home game?

Sounds like they're financing their athletic budget through guarantee games against BCS schools.

Their conference, the SWAC has 10 teams and 5 of them haven't won a basketball game yet. Combined, they are 0-65 on the season. Yikes!

It was beenthat way for a while. I saw a game there last season. I guess that is more impressive considering how few hone ganes they play

Apparently 8 weeks... Wow...fee bad for uvm and a great kid/player. This certainly changes things.

Foot fracture.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/story/sports/college/vermont/2017/12/30/uvms-lamb-out-indefinitely-foot-fracture/992576001/