UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] Game #26: 2/8/18 - 7PM - vs Vermont

Eli

I just refuse to believe vt is really a better basketball team than UA.

Even without Lamb, they have a better frontcourt. Charles and Stire have played really well but Henson and Urqhart are bigger, more athletic and have better range. They can inhibit our low post play one-on-one while we have to take extra measures to control theirs. It puts a lot of pressure on our guards to score when we're not able to get easy baskets inside.

Watched some of the replay of the second half this morning. When we were up 10 there were a couple of sketchy plays on defense that incensed most of Sefcu:

Urqhart had a touch foul on a layup to make it an "and 1."

Clark got called for a blocking foul.

TBH collided with Cremo under the rim. Cremo got called for the block.

Evertt Duncan battled with Cremo for a rebound and Cremo got called for a foul.

Dslyank mentioned that the refs got into our head and those series of plays were where it looked like it happened. We looked afraid to defend for the next couple of minutes. Cremo especially was reluctant to pick up another foul after two quick ones. It didn't help that we had some bad offensive sets during that time.

A lot of the VT guards back door cuts are the result of Urqhart and Henson being able to hit threes. We can't just let them stand out there with the ball because they can hit those shots and it creates space under the hoop.

Just once, when Devonte is wide open at the three point line, I'd love to see him go "Gary Johnson" and take two dribbles, then two steps and attack the rim and see what happens. I did like that he took more of mid-range jump shots last night.

• Like 1

This fact has probably been debated too much, but I just want to say that I was very upset that UVM outscored UA by 22 after UA had the 17-point in the first half. A difference in refereeing might be part of the difference, but I would like to know why UA seemed to collapse in the last five minutes. It can't be totally that UVM used its bench much more effectively. The five starters for UVM logged just about the exact same average of minutes on the court as the starting five for UA. Is it lack of conditioning relative to UVM? I used to have pride that UA seemed to finish games more effectively than the opponents. Anyone have any ideas on the last part of the game?

This fact has probably been debated too much, but I just want to say that I was very upset that UVM outscored UA by 22 after UA had the 17-point in the first half. A difference in refereeing might be part of the difference, but I would like to know why UA seemed to collapse in the last five minutes. It can't be totally that UVM used its bench much more effectively. The five starters for UVM logged just about the exact same average of minutes on the court as the starting five for UA. Is it lack of conditioning relative to UVM? I used to have pride that UA seemed to finish games more effectively than the opponents. Anyone have any ideas on the last part of the game?

I watched it on ESPNU but as a Catamount fan I can say that they were challenged in the OOC season this year and many of their games came down to the last few mins. and last second shots. They did not blink last night - I felt UA rushed some shots and did not space themselves well and allowed UVM's defense to really contest the shots. Not missing 1 free throw really slammed the door.

I watched it on ESPNU but as a Catamount fan I can say that they were challenged in the OOC season this year and many of their games came down to the last few mins. and last second shots. They did not blink last night - I felt UA rushed some shots and did not space themselves well and allowed UVM's defense to really contest the shots. Not missing 1 free throw really slammed the door.

Thanks, I think most of your argument is pretty reasonable for part of the explanation. Thanks again for responding.

UA typically tries to make more foul shots than their opponents take.

UA was 8-11 from the line. UVM was 20-20 from the line.

This was the difference in the game. UVM even misses 1 or 2 of those free throws and the strategy and final minutes have the potential to play out very differently.

• Like 1

UA typically tries to make more foul shots than their opponents take.

UA was 8-11 from the line. UVM was 20-20 from the line.

This was the difference in the game. UVM even misses 1 or 2 of those free throws and the strategy and final minutes have the potential to play out very differently.

Yes, as soon as I saw the stat sheet that aspect jumped right out to me. How any team can take 20 free throws and make them all in the face of a hostile audience made UVM like a team possessed.