UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] Game #8: 11/29/17 - 7:00pm - vs Colgate

Eli

Coach's post-game comments are spot on. Lots to improve on, and I am glad this team is getting a day off tomorrow to rest.

IMHO, we have a long ways to go before we get a win in Burlington. Come March 2018, said win will require holding UVM to around 25 points in the first half and no more than 30.

Any chance you can give a few tidbits of what he said post game ?

The comments I saw were on the ESPN3 postgame and they were great. They'll probably still be there on demand later so I can try and find the exact quotes but to summarize he said he's the unhappiest 7-1 coach in the country and that he told the team at halftime they're either soft, overrated or both.

It hasn't fully clicked for the team yet, but when it does it should be really fun to watch.

• Like 3

What I’m seeing with other teams is very crisp and on target passing. UA seems to make way too many cross court passes and lobs. Against the good teams they are going to get intercepted. Charles impressed the heck out of me. He knows he has this year and he’s done and gives 100% every possession. That was another thing CB said after the game. That Charles was the best player out there and it wasn’t even close. Probably true, maybe motivational. I’d agree.

• Like 1

• Take the W anyway you can.

Still trying to figure it out on D.

Colgate was a lot more athletic than I remember over the years playing them.

Starters all played over 30 min. OOC W's are a priority this year.

WB almost slipped up and said Colgate is a better version of Hartford in the postgame lol.

RPI is obviously inflated with Vermont being ranked so high and playing them twice. CBS sports has us at 57. This will plummet for both once conference play starts.

Wow. I just watched Will Brown's postgame comments on the ESPN3 feed. I'm not sure I have seen him that down in a long long time, especially after a win. As someone else pointed out "The unhappiest 7-1 coach in the country".

He really called out Cremo and Nichols when talking about Charles. Saying something like, "There are two other guys that maybe my expectations are too high for" or maybe it was "I have very high expectations for" but either way, he was calling them out. We've heard him do it before. Let's see how they respond.

• Still trying to figure it out on D.
  • Colgate was a lot more athletic than I remember over the years playing them.
  • Starters all played over 30 min. OOC W's are a priority this year.
  • WB almost slipped up and said Colgate is a better version of Hartford in the postgame lol.
  • RPI is obviously inflated with Vermont being ranked so high and playing them twice. CBS sports has us at 57. This will plummet for both once conference play starts.

I don't think it will plummet as much as you think unless we both start losing to some of the bottom teams in the league. Projected RPI for UVM is 50 with an SOS of 197. Projected RPI for UA is 69 with an SOS of 236. Granted, this adjusts after every single game.

• WB almost slipped up and said Colgate is a better version of Hartford in the postgame lol.
  • RPI is obviously inflated with Vermont being ranked so high and playing them twice. CBS sports has us at 57. This will plummet for both once conference play starts.

I don't think it will plummet as much as you think unless we both start losing to some of the bottom teams in the league. Projected RPI for UVM is 50 with an SOS of 197. Projected RPI for UA is 69 with an SOS of 236. Granted, this adjusts after every single game.

We shall see. The preseason number 3 pick in the conference still has no D1 wins.

We shall see. The preseason number 3 pick in the conference still has no D1 wins.

Yeah, was just posting about this on the AE board...that is BRUTAL!

A couple of observations: Clark was in early, hit our first three; then was hit in the face. Bleeding (I assume nose?) never returned. I do not remember seeing him on the bench. Anyone know if he is OK? For all the complaining about the bad D, we did hold gate to 8 for 22 (34%) and they average something like 12 per game and +40%. At least one of there 3's was with a man right in his face, and at least two were from far downtown (not worth covering too close @ that distance), and in crunch time we held them 0 for 3 from three on their last possession.

Lastly CALL THE WALK!!!!!! It is definitely suppose to be a point of emphasis this year. gate was getting away with it all night, us a couple of times too.

A couple of observations: Clark was in early, hit our first three; then was hit in the face. Bleeding (I assume nose?) never returned. I do not remember seeing him on the bench. Anyone know if he is OK? For all the complaining about the bad D, we did hold gate to 8 for 22 (34%) and they average something like 12 per game and +40%. At least one of there 3's was with a man right in his face, and at least two were from far downtown (not worth covering too close @ that distance), and in crunch time we held them 0 for 3 from three on their last possession.

Lastly CALL THE WALK!!!!!! It is definitely suppose to be a point of emphasis this year. gate was getting away with it all night, us a couple of times too.

Actually I think Clark lost a contact as did Charles later in the game. He left holding his eye lid open like as if you'd be putting in a contact. Pretty much immediately after stoppage of play he left to the locker room. Didn't look for him/notice the rest.