UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Wow. What a fantastic article on the freshman. I'm a little choked up right now. Talk about the power of sport...and the pressure on this kid. Sounds like he's special and not just with a stick in his hand.

Edited by BestDaneSinceHamlet
  • Like 1

I have been wondering about the concerns mentioned on inside lacrosse etc about our D. I thought last year (other than ¼ loss to maryland) our D was superb [i.e. MORE than good; a team strength actually, not just an after thought, best man down in the country.] With everyone back in-close D and only Osika gone of two ways; what do those in the know & others think.

Are these concerns just something to talk about, since D has always been an issue in the past for UA?

Do we have some injury issues; for instance I am not sure Sims has played much this fall if at all?

Have we been experimenting with new people/schemes?

Isn't it true D always/usually takes longer than offense to come together?

Is this just preseason/fall ball negative hype; or is there really CONCERNS?

Thoughts Opinions?

Edited by dslyank

I too am surprised from the comments I have read from some of the pundits in attendance as well as some I saw with my own two eyes.

I don't know what the situation is with Stone Simms. I don't believe I saw him on the sideline at the game I was at, but don't know about at the Baltimore scrimmages.

IMO we have some very scrappy, middies, but Osaka had a Big10/ACC body, and it doesn't look like we have someone right now who can fill that void.

It does look like a lot of guys are getting runs at close as opposed to the core 4-5 guys which can certainly lead to more breakdowns, especially against Hopkins who had quite a few of their front line guys playing deep into that scrimmage.

I think it has to be a bit of a concern. There is going to be a big game where the opposing team figures out TD or shuts down the offense and you have to have a defense that can win a game when the rest of the team isn't firing on all cylinders.

• 3 weeks later...

It is hard, but I try not to ask too many questions, because I have a hard time keeping secrets :-)

I want to say one pole who was recruited in this class did not stick around. I never did ask what was going on with Stone, but he does seem to be healthy.

It is a little frustrating just how quiet things are around the program. I think that is one thing everyone loves about Coach Marr and the other coaches, the humble nature of the program, but I do wonder at times is Albany doing enough when it comes to social media, press, etc., to leverage the current success?

For what its worth, the 2017-18 Roster is up on ualbanysports.com. All 11 freshman listed in inside lacrosse commit page show on the roster; plus four more freshman not listed by inside lacrosse. I did not notice any glaring departures, but did not really do a comparison to last years roster.

Is the pole who departed still listed??