UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Preseason - Lindy's

Lindy's College Basketball preview is out. They've picked us to win the conference. Their write-up concludes: "clearly, there's a bull's-eye on Albany."

I'd probably pick Hartford as the favorite if I had to choose. They have a lot coming back.

Also, Big Apple Hoops picked their top five freshman to watch in the America East.

I'm actually less worred about the scoring that defense. I think Dallas can step in and score if we need him to. I'm not sure who replaces Gary Johnson's role. He did defended, rebounded and slashed depending on whatever we needed. That's a tough role to fill.

Surprised to see Mike Wells not mentioned as possible PG. Admittedly he's a freshman but he has a year of prep and seemed like a guy who set up the offense well at St. Thomas More.

Also, a story on Richard Peters in NYC Hoops.

“We want to get him to a point where he’s at a productive weight,” Brown said. “If that’s 275 then that’s fine, if it’s 265 that’s fine as well. We don’t need him to get into skinny jeans, we need him to be a force block to block for us at our level.”
Edited by Dane Pound

And some more preseason:

From the TU about the first practice of the season

An interview with Peter Hooley on College Hoops Daily.

Peter Hooley writing about Three "Pete"ing on Pick and Roll Hoops.

And Will Brown's secret championship sauce on NYC Hoops.

From what we've heard so far it sounds like the PG choices are Green and Evan Singletary. No mention of the freshman in the mix at this point. CB talks about Singletary being more of a point and Green being more of a combo guard. Singletary's JUCO numbers are pretty nice - shot over 80% from the free throw line, 40% from three and averaged over 5 assists a game with a 3 to 1 assist to turnover ratio. Pretty much all the numbers you want a PG to have.

In the preseason Top 25 our first opponent, Providence, is not ranked but getting some votes.

Also, on ESPN's "secret scrimmage" list we are scrimmaging Iona and Marist. Four MAAC teams on the schedule and two more to scrimmage. That's a lot of MAAC for one year.