UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2013

Looks like we've offered Josh James (PG - 6', 170lbs) of Stepinac HS in White Plains..also been offered by Stony Brook, Manhattan, Canisius and St. Peter's. Was playing at an AAU tourney in Orlando recently..so it would make sense he was at least part of the reason why the staff was down there.

http://stepinacbasketball.vnsports.com/rosters/player.asp?id=261571

UPDATE: Add Iona to the list of offers.

Edited by Phoenix

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Peoria Irish Basketball posted:

2013 PG Preston Wells (Richwoods) & 2013 Wing Alec Peters (Washington) have received scholarships from the University of Albany (D1).

I'm guessing they mean received scholarship offers.

Also NBE Basketball has a few things about our interest in Philly guard Karonn Walker.

Prior to watching Walker’s game, NBE was at Friends Central to see the Phoenix take on Germantown Friends (PA). FCS cruised to a 61-17 victory and although Karonn Davis had just three points, he played quite well and showed that he can really distribute the ball and run an offense.

“I just got a call from NC State,” Davis said when asked about his recruitment. “They said they’re gonna start recruiting me. Princeton has been to a few of my games. Yale [is another school and] I got an offer from the University of Albany. Rider, Rider University [is another college involved].”

At this point, Davis has taken a couple of visits to colleges that are expressing interest in him.

“I visited the University of Albany and I went to Rider’s midnight madness,” Davis said.

Albany might be Davis’ only offer right now, but that is sure to change over the next several months. If new options do indeed arise, Davis knows what he will be looking for in a school.

“Obviously, coming from Friends Central, I want a pretty prestigious school that has pretty good academics [and] that their [basketball] program is pretty important to them . . . and [the] coaching staff, looking for family.”

The class of 2013 prospect said that he does not have any favorites right now. In addition, he does he have a timetable for a college commitment, saying that he is “just looking for the right time.”

Davis, who said he carries around a 3.0 GPA, provided some insight into his style of play on the court.

“Obviously I’m a big asset for my team [as a point guard and] . . . I can score too,” Davis said of his main strengths.

As for his main weakness, Davis remarked, “I would say sometimes being too passive and not looking for my own shot.”