UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

AD's Vision

Michigan_Dane

One thing I'm glad I never had to do as a student lol.

My wife did this while we were in school at UA. She hated it and quit after a couple weeks. Said it was always so uncomfortable for her.

Shoot, I almost got fired from Boscovs many moons ago because I refused to peddle their store credit card. I told them I would say, "Will that be cash, Boscovs card or credit card?" and that was it. Somehow made it through a year there lol. Hate that part of any job. lol.

Definitely sounds like a misunderstanding regarding the few solicitation requests today. I'd also trust Justin, etc.

I do wish the school would stop physically mailing me stuff every time I donate. Such a waste of money/paper. Just send an email from Benson's account directly or something...no need for all the other stuff. The last round of donations I sent resulted in two magnets though...but the other few before that were a letter and/or a thank you card.

Edited by Eli

I got a nice call from Brad Harris and it was strictly a thank you. I did ask him who he felt after the injury, and wished him good luck and hoped his QBs could get him the ball. After seeing 1882s post I inquired at development about the solicitation and was told the calls were not for that purpose and were to thank members for their past support.

• Like 2

My phone message was from Imani Tate. She didn't even take a crack at my last name (not easy) and called me "Mr (first name)"...don't blame her. It was just a thanks for donating call as I mentioned. I appreciated the call and I believe the outreach is needed. I'd still like to see more UA stuff in local stores. Speaking of Boscovs, they have an impressive array of college gear....nationally famous and/or PA centric. It would be nice to see local gear there too, like UA.

• Like 1

My phone message was from Imani Tate. She didn't even take a crack at my last name (not easy) and called me "Mr (first name)"...don't blame her. It was just a thanks for donating call as I mentioned. I appreciated the call and I believe the outreach is needed. I'd still like to see more UA stuff in local stores. Speaking of Boscovs, they have an impressive array of college gear....nationally famous and/or PA centric. It would be nice to see local gear there too, like UA.

Yeah they are based out of Reading, so not surprised to see the PA connection...but it would make sense for all department stores who sell sporting goods to sell local stuff...maybe UA will eventually get an inroad there like they did with the Walmart on Washington Ave.

I received another call from UA this weekend, and since I had just made a donation I just ignored the call. Later I realized it was just a call from Imani Tate and not a donation solicitation, Had I known it was just a thank you and especially from her, I would have gladly picked up. I am just in awe with what she and the women's team did this last season. Imani, if you're reading this board, thank you for the call, and I apologize for not talking with you.

• Like 1