UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

LaxPower forum says the last SU game with < five goals was a 10-3 loss to North Carolina in 1991. Biggest loss at home since 19-6 to Cornell in 1987. Worst loss was 21-7 to Duke in 2014

Yeah and the last time the scored fewer than 3 was in 1973.

• Like 1

I don't know how to spell tehoka name... Right but I probably should learn. What an animal... Good grief? This is what it feels like to have a #1 recruit? I like it!

Tehoka did have an amazing coming out party. Hard to do with all of the hype surrounding him. We did have #1 recruits in the past and the only team to ever have co-winners of the Tewaaraton with Miles and Lyle. The difference now is we also have players, quite a few of them who could play for any team in the country. Tehoka is a huge missing piece, but this is more than just Tehoka. I know you were not saying that, but as a dad of a kid on the team, I always get a little ticked with the way Albany gets treated in the press and why I am always pounding the table that UA HAS to do a better job of promoting this program. Beating, no demolishing Syracuse 15-3 would be like the football team taking down a top 10 FBS team. Can you imagine the buzz that would create?

Coach Marr does an amazing job, but the real credit goes to Gleason and Thomson. Those are the guys who are out beating the bushes finding the guys that for whatever reason are getting overlooked by the BIG schools. Also credit to Coach Eccles and former player and volunteer coach Tim Cox who did a great job as well.

Now off my soap box LOL - Just sped through the game to see what it looked like on TV. I guess what really makes me excited is that the team offense for a lot of the game didn't look anything like it can, and Syracuse has some really stout close defenders.

We need to get a few key guys healthy, and continue to work on the offensive chemistry. I really liked the new faces on close D. Much more athletic than in past years. Just stay focused and grounded and it could be a special season.

Congrats to your son!! Nicely said too. I was hoping that the close D was better this year and they are -They did a great job not allowing 'Cuse attack in front of the net. Teams will start doubling Nanticoke more and Patterson maybe - allowing Fields a little more success. And don't forget the other guys. Teams cannot cover all of them. The Thompsons checked in on the UA Lacrosse site - proud alums! On the Syracuse fans page they are all saying Albany better get it done this year because they will be nothing after they lose all the seniors next season. They have 10 seniors out of 50 on the roster. [they all said the same things after the Thompsons graduated] The underclassmen will get a LOT of playing time this year too I would guess, against league foes. There are some more GREAT players coming in over the next two years as well. The future looks great to me anyway.

They have come a long way since my son played in the late 90's Div II and I his senior year. He was Long Stick Close D

Edited by HOF2013

Was @ the game and rewatched last night when I got home; finally have a chance to add my 2¢. First 100% agree with fan2018, entire team effort! It is an absolute pleasure watching the assistant coaches work the game. {i hope we can somehow find a away to keep these guys together for a long time, but I fear a lot of schools will/have been calling.} I was/am amazed that we scored 15 goals against a team which is noted for their defense; even when our offense did NOT look particularly sharp. Our "O" has obviously been our strength over the years, but cleanup a few things and this year could be even more than "scary." I was very pleased to see the wings on face offs help TD and cleanup the few he did not win clean! What can I say about the "D" that has not already been said--they were amazing. When someone in the group I was sitting with said we were up last year @ the 1/2 {6-1 I think} & su could easily come back on us from 4-1, I said NOT if the D keeps playing the way they are. It felt to me, that if we had to battle su 8-3. 6-2 say, UA was capable.

Lastly, I do not have a son or any connection with the team and would love to hear more; why Perla and Filipowski got the start over Sims and Kluck. Has the pecking order changed, coach just trying to show a different look, injuries???

Edited by dslyank

No idea on the starters. Not sure it made much difference. They both played a whole bunch. I thought Simms had been injured during the previous couple of weeks - don't know for sure. The coaches are tight lipped as heck on injuries. Could have been some kind of a mind game for Syracuse too. Who knows?

Speaking of injuries. Patterson was playing having just recovered from a broken hand. Heard, he had to "convince" staff to let him play. Nice 4 goal performance considering. Kid sounds like a "gamer." He looked real good last year before he was slowed by injuries and/or fatigue late in the year. I am also impressed that he seems to have embraced the 4th attack role.

Speaking of injuries. Patterson was playing having just recovered from a broken hand. Heard, he had to "convince" staff to let him play. Nice 4 goal performance considering. Kid sounds like a "gamer." He looked real good last year before he was slowed by injuries and/or fatigue late in the year. I am also impressed that he seems to have embraced the 4th attack role.

I liked him last year as a freshman as well.

Plus they still have Mitch Laffin who played when he was hurt last year. Did a great job and he is another bigger guy. 5' 9" 220 lbs. Although Patterson is another 6 footer and slick. They also have several highly touted freshman attackmen. No idea if anyone was redshirted.

Edited by HOF2013

Stone had been nicked up, but don't know to what degree. I didn't know that Zellen wasn't going to play. While I get some insights, I try not to ask too many questions and not much if any information is ever volunteered. I can only assume that Kluck, with Zellen not playing was going to spell Troy at LSM.

I love Perla and Fillipkowski at close because they bring some great athleticism and Connor in particular has the size and strength to match up with ACC attackmen.

Troy did do a great job of cleaning up 2-3 of the face-off's and I think Kyle got a good one as well.

I like Jacob much better as the 4th attackmen coming out of the box taking over Drake's role. Jacob seems much better suited to play in space.

I saw the total attendance listed at over 7,200. Coach Marr quickly gave kudos to the UAlbany fans in attendance at the post-game interview. About how many UA fans were there?

Saw on the TV shots that there were a BUNCH!

Stone had been nicked up, but don't know to what degree. I didn't know that Zellen wasn't going to play. While I get some insights, I try not to ask too many questions and not much if any information is ever volunteered. I can only assume that Kluck, with Zellen not playing was going to spell Troy at LSM.

I love Perla and Fillipkowski at close because they bring some great athleticism and Connor in particular has the size and strength to match up with ACC attackmen.

Troy did do a great job of cleaning up 2-3 of the face-off's and I think Kyle got a good one as well.

I like Jacob much better as the 4th attackmen coming out of the box taking over Drake's role. Jacob seems much better suited to play in space.

I Thought Zellen did play during the game - must be wrong. I know that Simms did, I saw him and the announcers called his name a few times.

The wings did a much better job than they were doing last year 'cleaning up' You are correct. Good to see that.

Edited by HOF2013

One thing I have noticed in looking at the roster is that there are bigger and longer Defensemen on the team and they seem to be going after those kinds of kids on Def. - the Big 10 and ACC type players. Need that to continue being competitive on Defense.