UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2017-18 MBB Schedule

Top 144 countdown has Iona at #96. http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/15002

Amazing how deep they were at guard last year. They lost Jon Sevre and Sam Cassell Jr. and still bring back a really good, experience backcourt in McGill, Much and Casimir.

Edited by Dane Pound

Schedule officially released for the OOC portion...

http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArt...CLID=211661917

Date Opponent Location
11/10 Iona Albany, N.Y.
11/13 at Boston University Boston, Mass.
11/17 Yale Albany, N.Y.
11/20 Oneonta Albany, N.Y.
11/22 at Dartmouth Hanover, N.H.
11/25 at Holy Cross Worcester, Mass.
11/27 at Monmouth West Long Branch, N.J.
11/29 Colgate Albany, N.Y.
12/2 Columbia Albany, N.Y.
12/6 Bryant* Albany, N.Y.
12/9 vs. Siena* Albany, N.Y. (Times Union Center)
12/12 at Memphis* Memphis, Tenn.
12/16 Canisius Albany, N.Y.
12/20 at Louisville* Louisville, Ky.
12/28 Kent State Albany, N.Y.

Strong schedule with a nice home slat...I like it!

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1

Schedule officially released for the OOC portion...

http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArt...CLID=211661917

Date Opponent Location

11/10 Iona Albany, N.Y.

11/13 at Boston University Boston, Mass.

11/17 Yale Albany, N.Y.

11/20 Oneonta Albany, N.Y.

11/22 at Dartmouth Hanover, N.H.

11/25 at Holy Cross Worcester, Mass.

11/27 at Monmouth West Long Branch, N.J.

11/29 Colgate Albany, N.Y.

12/2 Columbia Albany, N.Y.

12/6 Bryant* Albany, N.Y.

12/9 vs. Siena* Albany, N.Y. (Times Union Center)

12/12 at Memphis* Memphis, Tenn.

12/16 Canisius Albany, N.Y.

12/20 at Louisville* Louisville, Ky.

12/28 Kent State Albany, N.Y.

Strong schedule with a nice home slat...I like it!

Would have liked to see another money game instead of the Oneonta game, but otherwise it's a solid schedule. Anyone see Stony Brooks stacked OOC schedule?

Take out D3 team and yes. D3 games water down any schedule. I still say it's garbage, for UA or any AE team, to schedule these games and they can't find 1-2 teams that are DI to play (either they make the trip or the other team makes the trip.

It may be the best schedule including the best home schedule we've ever had....thoughts?

It's certainly up there. We had a year with Delaware, St. Bona and a really good VCU team on our home schedule.

More home games than road games has been pretty rare for us.

I think if we want more fans to come, the quality home schedule is going to help. I've noticed a bunch of "a la carte" fans in the capital district in recent years. They are season ticket holders for UAlbany football and lacrosse and then season ticket holders for Siena basketball. A strong schedule might convert some of them.

It may be the best schedule including the best home schedule we've ever had....thoughts?

It's certainly up there. We had a year with Delaware, St. Bona and a really good VCU team on our home schedule.

I think if we want more fans to come, the quality home schedule is going to help. I've noticed a bunch of "a la carte" fans in the capital district in recent years. They are season ticket holders for UAlbany football and lacrosse and then season ticket holders for Siena basketball. A strong schedule might convert some of them.

If lacrosse is really as popular and growing as some say and UA is a national top 10 program, how about getting home and home series started with these B1G programs that combines both programs?

If lacrosse is really as popular and growing as some say and UA is a national top 10 program, how about getting home and home series started with these B1G programs that combines both programs?

I'm not sure you'll get a B10 team to ever come here...

I'm not sure you'll get a B10 team to ever come here...

It's definitely a stretch. Michigan St and Northeastern did it for hockey.

Scheduling Lacrosse an Hockey, and most other sports, are totally different then Men's Basketball and Football. How many decent BCS Football teams will give UA a home game, How many Big time programs will outright give a decent mid major a home game??????