UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

vs. UVM (Wed 25th @ 7pm)

Is it just me, or did Stire used to go to the hoop really hard and throw down a lot of dunks? Now he either can't jump anymore or something else is wrong. And Mike is not half the inside player that Sam was. Sam was a determined bull and Mike is a nice guy.

Listened to Roger and Zach on the radio this morning. They said Nichols did not join in the post game meet up at center court and Charles got in his face to get him in there. Nichols supposedly made comments when he did get in this prayer meeting that the prayers were not going to help them win. Apparently WB addressed it after the game. Immaturity, hot heads, disappointment. Not great, but I'd rather they get po'd about losing rather than apathetic. As long as it contributes to the team rather than detracts.

Without knowing the story, I would have bet money that it was about David again. Dude is a helluva player, but he's WAYY too emotional. Even after a missed shot you'll see him clap his hands in anger instead of getting back on D immediately, cuss to himself, etc. He had a couple of plays yesterday where he tried to do too much instead of passing the ball, etc. He's had many moments in various games where he's shot the ball with like 20 seconds left on the clock right after bringing it up the court without trying to run the offense, etc.

I'm sure he's a nice guy off the court...but on the court, he's too competitive for his own good. Classic 'there is no I in team' situation...he has moments where he believes the opposite. Not the kind of leadership we need from our 2nd best player. He's only a sophomore so hopefully he grows out of these self-inflicted funks sooner rather than later.

On the flip side...you have Grayson. Who even after getting benched (although he did play a bit yesterday) is still on the sidelines cheering, etc. like nothing happened. Good for him!

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1

Do we have a leadership problem on the team?

A cohesion problem?

An energy level issue?

A passive/lackadaisical issue?

Still can't get over the stony brook game, we dismantled sbu all game until the last ten minutes,

we had a series of brain farts and we imploded.

We have talent and we can certainly beat Vermont.

I can't get over it either, just yet...I keep telling myself that the core of the team that will move forward is really young, inexperienced or just coming into the program. You know damn well that if Hooley, Singletary and Sanders are out there, they close SBU with extreme prejudice.

• Like 1

Listened to Roger and Zach on the radio this morning. They said Nichols did not join in the post game meet up at center court and Charles got in his face to get him in there. Nichols supposedly made comments when he did get in this prayer meeting that the prayers were not going to help them win. Apparently WB addressed it after the game. Immaturity, hot heads, disappointment. Not great, but I'd rather they get po'd about losing rather than apathetic. As long as it contributes to the team rather than detracts.

Nichols HAS to learn how to channel this anger and fire in a constructive manner. The kid is out of his mind and slamming everyone including himself for not winning instead of channeling it towards a dogged determination to destroy the next team up in a team fashion.

Love the passion, hate that he's this nuts and displaying this destructive behavior towards the purplefam.

• Like 1

On the flip side...you have Grayson. Who even after getting benched (although he did play a bit yesterday) is still on the sidelines cheering, etc. like nothing happened. Good for him!

Grayson is still one of the best threats from deep and Ennema looks like he's playing through some injuries and moving around like a 40 year old. How do you go from playing almost 25+ min for 17 straight games to being the scapegoat and not even getting off the bench the last half dozen. I'd still like to see him get 10-15 min a game.

Also it's only today where kids can get away with telling the coach I don't want to play in mop up time. If you try to pull that $iena just 10 years ago you might as well pack your bags and never come back. The fact that Brown was ok with that makes me question everything going on in that locker room.

• Like 1

Grayson is still one of the best threats from deep and Ennema looks like he's playing through some injuries and moving around like a 40 year old. How do you go from playing almost 25+ min for 17 straight games to being the scapegoat and not even getting off the bench the last half dozen. I'd still like to see him get 10-15 min a game.

Also it's only today where kids can get away with telling the coach I don't want to play in mop up time. If you try to pull that $iena just 10 years ago you might as well pack your bags and never come back. The fact that Brown was ok with that makes me question everything going on in that locker room.

Dallas also rolled his ankle pretty bad in the middle part of the 2nd half last game. Hopefully no lasting effects.

Am I imaging things but are both Dallas and Joe Cremo nursing injuries? They seem to go up and down the court at 3/4 speed.

Someone else mentioned Dallas and the ankle injury earlier. He's been banged up to one degree or another all year between that and back problems. I think Cremo sprained his ankle a game or two ago so might be right.

I was puzzled by Grayson's minutes in the second half. I actually though Costa Anderson gave us some good minutes in the first half and took some of the pressure off Nichols. Not sure he played again in the second half.

Vermont had nearly a week to prepare for us and it showed. They weren't going to let Nichols and Cremo beat them and with Campbell in foul trouble there wasn't much other help. TBH did a nice job on both ends of the floor last night. He really makes them go.

I didn't see the end of game stuff but credit to Charles for bringing Nichols back into the huddle. The first introduction to Nichols of the Vermont-Albany game and as usual, it was a rough one.