UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Really hope that Benson connects with the youth football clubs, middle school and high school teams.

In my opinion, ever participant under the age of 19, in any type of organized capital region football team should get a free tix to at least one game. This would be an outstanding way to create local interest and exposure. It would also be a great way to fill the stands especially on the visitor side of the field.

Especially since we've had some good players come from our local HS teams. Gary Jones went to my school (Ravena Coeymans Selkirk) and was the best back we had prior to the arrival of the likes of Andrew Smith (another local kid obviously) and Omar Osbourne.

I did see a couple kids wearing their school jersey's last season but it wasn't like a 'team night' where the whole squad came...just parents who brought their kids.

I agree 100%...we finally have a legitimate D1 program (and stadium to match) in the area. No one else can compete with us...and the nearest places are like Boston, Syracuse, and the City. We have a few hundred miles either direction of market area. We should be able to cut out a very decent following as we progress in the CAA/D1.

Edited by Ilko

I thought we discussed that in another thread and it was said (or believed) that the current site was already under construction by whoever has the contract for it. Don't quote me on that, but if that is indeed the case, then great. Because our site looks like someone built it on Lycos or Homestead (for those of you who were learning web development in the 90's lol).

Especially since we've had some good players come from our local HS teams. Gary Jones went to my school (Ravena Coeymans Selkirk) and was the best back we had prior to the arrival of the likes of Andrew Smith (another local kid obviously) and Omar Osbourne.

I did see a couple kids wearing their school jersey's last season but it wasn't like a 'team night' where the whole squad came...just parents who brought their kids.

I agree 100%...we finally have a legitimate D1 program (and stadium to match) in the area. No one else can compete with us...and the nearest places are like Boston, Syracuse, and the City. We have a few hundred miles either direction of market area. We should be able to cut out a very decent following as we progress in the CAA/D1.

Don't forget another great local product and one of the best RBs in program history David McCarty from LaSalle Institute. That 2008 squad played a beast OOC schedule too and they ran over everyone.