UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Not Good news: UAlbany added to list of schools investigated for sexual assault

MRSGDG

Regardless of the advocacy and love I have for the University I care more about the school doing what's right. If this is true then its something that absolutely needs to be fixed and it should be pointed out to the public if it hasn't been doing the correct thing in the past. Ignoring something just because it's your university isn't the right thing the right thing is accepting the fact that you've done incorrect things in the past and that you're willing to change them and fix procedures going forward. Hopefully if this is true President Jones takes it seriously and does what he needs to do to turn things around.

Agree with Best. This is a real issue and shouldn't be trivialized.

Look at the list. It includes at this point 118 institutions. The problem is rampant and UA's addition to the list, just means UA needs like many others to address and solve the problem. It is indeed a huge issue and on the list or not, I am glad UA will be addressing. Being on the list is NOT "not good news." It just means like many others [stanford, Harvard, etc. etc] need to do the everything possible to STOP sexual assault and address all and every instance.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Be calm--all reported sexual assaults need to be investigated. But the possibility of allegations--male or female--are much more believable today then they were in the '50's or 60's when the women were under lock and key at 9 or 10 PM. I am definitely not advocating such restrictions on women but as times change so does the possible increase of sexual assaults. With 17,000 students having one report of a sexual assault, considering the current freedom all students have, is not surprising. When it becomes a he said, she said situation proof is going to be difficult---keep up the good work.

I get a school wide email once every 7-8 weeks or so it seems when classes are in session regarding assaults, attempted burglaries, etc. 17,000 students...it's bound to happen. As Click said, just do the right thing.