UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, we are playing Fordham, Colgate, Montana, our schedule in the NEC and HOFSTRA? That would be PRETTY IMPRESSIVE (and insane).

Or, am I reading it wrong as saying we have two league games left to get the dates on and Hofstra is out there as a possibility of Hofstra.

Wait, we are playing Fordham, Colgate, Montana, our schedule in the NEC and HOFSTRA? That would be PRETTY IMPRESSIVE (and insane).

Or, am I reading it wrong as saying we have two league games left to get the dates on and Hofstra is out there as a possibility of Hofstra.

I have no confirmation on Hofstra. Right now the schedule I have figured out gives us the 6 NEC games, Stony Brook, Fordham, Colgate, and Montana. That is only 10 games with only 3 home games!!!!!!!!!!! (Unless I'm screwing up the home/away for the league games). I have to imagine the 11th game must be a home game and 2 years ago we played at Hofstra (Marques Colston killed us).

Updated:

9/1 at Colgate

9/8 at Fordham

9/15 at CCSU

9/22 at Montana (Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

9/29 at St. Francis

10/6 HOFSTRA(tentative based on Alum73. only open game left on Hofstra's tentative schedule also)

10/13 SACRED HEART (probably Homecoming game)

10/20 at Monmouth (tenative)

10/27 at Wagner

11/03 ROBERT MORRIS

11/10 STONY BROOK (tentative)

11/17 OPEN

11/24 Gridiron Classic at PFL rep

This assumes a few things because Hofstra's schedule has not officially been released yet either.

Anyway you look at this schedule its ridiculous. The fact that the first 5 games are away and we have to go to Montana and then to St. Francis is just bad scheduling. The trip to Montana is not easy and the trip to St. Francis is downright horrendous.

I would personally like to see Duquense on this schedule instead of Hofstra.

OK, so I've officially screwed up the dates.

But here is what I know:

We have the 6 NEC games

at CCSU

at St. Francis

at Monmouth

at Wagner

Robert Morris

Sacred Heart

5 OOC games:

Stony Brook

at Colgate

at Fordham

at Montana

We need one more OOC game and I would imagine it would be at home and it sounds like it may be Hofstra.

Monmouth's Schedule:

2007 Monmouth Hawks Football Schedule

09/01 at Maine 6 p.m.

09/15 at St. Peter’s 7 p.m.

09/22 at Stony Brook 1 p.m.

09/29 at Delaware TBA

10/6 at Sacred Heart 1 p.m.

10/13 WAGNER 1 p.m.

10/20 ROBERT MORRIS 1 p.m.

10/27 at CCSU 1 p.m.

11/3 at St. Francis (PA) 1 p.m.

11/10 ALBANY 1 p.m.

11/17 DUQUESNE 12 p.m.

So my gestimate schedule is all F-ed up. Oh well.

Tough to open up with 5 road games, but its a little easier when it includes St. Peters. ;)

Stony Brook schedule out

9/1 Georgetown

9/8 at Bucknell

9/15 at Youngstown State

9/22 Monmouth

9/29 at Hofstra

10/6 at Albany

10/13 at Richmond

10/20 Maine

10/27 Bryant

11/3 Idle

11/10 Central Conn State

11/17 at Elon

so with SBU on 10/6 we're not playing Hofstra?

OK so I think I got it now:

9/1 at Colgate

9/8 at Fordham

9/15 HOFSTRA (tentative)

9/22 at Montana

9/29 at Central Conn. (tentative)

10/6 STONY BROOK

10/13 SACRED HEART

10/20 at St. Francis (tentative)

10/27 at Wagner

11/3 ROBERT MORRIS

11/10 at Monmouth

11/17 OFF

All games except those marked tentative are confirmed through the release of opponent's schedule.

Only 4 home games sucks.

Tough schedule. 10-1 goes to playoffs. Maybe 9-2 if the losses are to either Colgate, Fordham, Montana or Hofstra and those teams have a good seasons.

OK so I think I got it now:

9/1 at Colgate

9/8 at Fordham

9/15 HOFSTRA (tentative)

9/22 at Montana

9/29 at Central Conn. (tentative)

10/6 STONY BROOK

10/13 SACRED HEART

10/20 at St. Francis (tentative)

10/27 at Wagner

11/3 ROBERT MORRIS

11/10 at Monmouth

11/17 OFF

All games except those marked tentative are confirmed through the release of opponent's schedule.

Only 4 home games sucks.

Tough schedule. 10-1 goes to playoffs. Maybe 9-2 if the losses are to either Colgate, Fordham, Montana or Hofstra and those teams have a good seasons.

Updated based on all other team's schedules:

9/1 at Colgate

9/8 at Fordham

9/15 HOFSTRA

9/22 at Montana

9/29 at Central Conn.

10/6 STONY BROOK

10/13 SACRED HEART

10/20 at St. Francis

10/27 at Wagner

11/3 ROBERT MORRIS

11/10 at Monmouth

11/17 OFF

This schedule is daunting. Not that Hofstra or Colgate are unbeatable but Montana is. I expect to beat Fordham. I hope a payday is in place for the Hofstra and Montana games. I am not intrested in playing up if we have a 5-6 or 6-5 record every year. If we are going to upgrade then we need to do it quickly...like SBU! I tell you what if Ford is faced with an A-10 schedule and 35 riides then I bet he calls it a day.

An upgrade to 63 rides is ESSENTIAL even if it means playing at University Field as is because we can't keep playing A-10 games with 35 rides because Delaware won't happen every year. A 9-2 record would fantastic. 8-3 or 7-4 is realistic....6-5 would suck.

SBU, and the rest of the NEC is not a worry and Monmouth loses everyone. CCSU and RMC will be formidable. Colgate can be beat and Hofstra coming off a 2-9 season will be hungry.

4 home games is ridiculous.

This schedule is daunting. Not that Hofstra or Colgate are unbeatable but Montana is. I expect to beat Fordham. I hope a payday is in place for the Hofstra and Montana games. I am not intrested in playing up if we have a 5-6 or 6-5 record every year. If we are going to upgrade then we need to do it quickly...like SBU! I tell you what if Ford is faced with an A-10 schedule and 35 riides then I bet he calls it a day.

An upgrade to 63 rides is ESSENTIAL even if it means playing at University Field as is because we can't keep playing A-10 games with 35 rides because Delaware won't happen every year. A 9-2 record would fantastic. 8-3 or 7-4 is realistic....6-5 would suck.

SBU, and the rest of the NEC is not a worry and Monmouth loses everyone. CCSU and RMC will be formidable. Colgate can be beat and Hofstra coming off a 2-9 season will be hungry.

What to the 35, 63, etc. "rides" references mean? I'm new to UAlbany football, so please be patient with my question(s), but is there a lot of disparity between the conferences?

What to the 35, 63, etc. "rides" references mean? I'm new to UAlbany football, so please be patient with my question(s), but is there a lot of disparity between the conferences?

I believe it refers to the number of scholarships offered by the school.

The NEC max is currently 30 scholarships.

There is a huge discrepency between conferences that allow the full NCAA max of 63 scholarships.

9/1 at Colgate ---- Patriot League offers the equivalent of at least 63 scholarships. (to save wind..they're just not called scholarships in the Patriot League...they are more need based I guess)

9/8 at Fordham --- patriot leage

9/15 HOFSTRA ---- CAA team - full 63 scholarships

9/22 at Montana --- Big Sky - full 63 scholarships.

Generally speaking we compete with the patriot league for recruits.

The CAA and Big Sky generally compete with other full ride conferences as well as FBS (formerly Div. IA) schools.

So to answer your question, yes there is a large discrepancy between conferences.

Archived