UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] Game #11 12/09/17 7:37 vs Siena at TUC

Thought Siena looked pretty good last night in the 1H. A lot of that has to do with Louisville playing sloppy and fast though, pretty much how Siena wants it. They're pretty athletic, but as usual they're undisciplined. IF we play some D I wouldn't be surprised if we win by 15+, also wouldn't be surprised by a loss...tis how these rivalry games go.

Saturday parking restrictions due to 5K...

Check out the full list of road closures and parking restrictions http://www.albanyevents.org/img/uploads/file/Parking-Road-Closures-release-2017.pdf

Awesome timing for road closures. Gotta figure out how to get to the game.

That is absolutely stupid. Who screwed up, the school(s) or the city not realizing there is another major competing event?

Edited by Eli

I honestly don't have time tomorrow. Can someone call the city and ask them where people will be parking and how people will be getting to the TUC? I mean attendance normally sucks for this game right? It'll only be about 10,000 people. No big deal if all the roads are closed.

I have to coach my son's basketball game that starts at 5:10 in Clifton Park, then rush as fast as I can to the TUC and hope to be there before tip. This is going to make my life miserable.

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 1

I honestly don't have time tomorrow. Can someone call the city and ask them where people will be parking and how people will be getting to the TUC? I mean attendance normally sucks for this game right? It'll only be about 10,000 people. No big deal if all the roads are closed.

I have to coach my son's basketball game that starts at 5:10 in Clifton Park, then rush as fast as I can to the TUC and hope to be there before tip. This is going to make my life miserable.

I'll PM you the spot I park in every year. Short 5 minute walk and easy to get out after the game after said reverse 5 minute walk. I don't want to share it publicly and screw myself haahah :P.

Forgot I threw this together at one point and I'm not even sure what's in the whole thing, but it recaps the Albany Cup from 2001-2015 from what I gather. Stumbled across it tonight and only skimmed through it quickly. Think I added the 2015 recap in there later on so the stats in the beginning are only up until the 2014 game.

http://www.rundexball.com/2015/12/albanycup-d1-history-2001-2014.html

• Like 1

Haven't seen that much of Siena this year. Seems like we've been playing games on the same days a lot of the time so I haven't watched them.

A couple of concerns about this game:

-Not sure favorites matter much in this kind of game. Last year, Siena was arguably the favorite with their four seniors and they lost at Sefcu. Two years ago, we were arguably the favorite with three seniors (Singletary, Hooley and Sanders) and lost at TUC.

-Scout. CB does a good job scouting and coming up with a game plan. Other than Nico, I'm not really sure who gets minutes for them this year. Their lineup seems to have been all over the place this year.

Haven't seen that much of Siena this year. Seems like we've been playing games on the same days a lot of the time so I haven't watched them.

A couple of concerns about this game:

-Not sure favorites matter much in this kind of game. Last year, Siena was arguably the favorite with their four seniors and they lost at Sefcu. Two years ago, we were arguably the favorite with three seniors (Singletary, Hooley and Sanders) and lost at TUC.

-Scout. CB does a good job scouting and coming up with a game plan. Other than Nico, I'm not really sure who gets minutes for them this year. Their lineup seems to have been all over the place this year.

Interesting breakdown of their three main perimeter-ish guys.

Clareth takes 83% of his shots as jumpers, 44.1% of his shots from three, 38.9% as two point jumpers. He's not really taking guys off the dribble on his own for layups, as 57.1% of his shots at the rim are assisted.

Shivers is pretty much the opposite, he's taking 49.3% of his shots at the rim, with only 26.3% of them assisted. Obviously a bigger build and he's not scared to take his man off the dribble to get to the rim.

Penn is the most balanced, 37.5% of his shots from three, 31.2% on 2pt jumpers and 31.2% at the rim.

So where are everyone's seats tomorrow? Wish I were up north for this game. Always had to pull my teeth before

I finally broke down and bought tickets in the nose bleed/corner sections in the old ticket/seat setup.

My two tickets are in section 104. Looks like 104 is behind the visitors bench, towards center court.

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1