UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ Vermont - AE Tourney 2017 Championship - 3/11 - 11AM on ESPN2

Tough loss...Proud of team and future bright.

That quickly devolved from a game they shouldn't have won to a game they shouldn't have lost. Hero ball indeed.

Good effort; now make a run in a secondary, tertiary, or quaternary post season tournament to close out the season.

Yes, unfortunately it's what you get sometimes out of a guy who has supreme confidence in himself but relatively young and with a developing mental game. Nichols as a senior doesn't attempt 25 shots. Ypu live and hopefully learn with a young kid seeing really his first year of action.

I'm OK with it...

We have to beat Vermont next year. Absolutely at any cost.

Will Brown's clock has reached midnight. He is now merely mortal.

No it hasn't... Guy just took a rebuilding team after losing 3 all ae starters to within possession of another ncaa trip. Crazy talk...

I've been hard on WB during the dark years of the early 2010's, bu that truly is crazy talk. Great run to turn the season around this year.

• Like 1

Nichols didn't help matters but this is all about the calls or lack there of. I complain about refs but rarely do this extent...this was epicly bad. One of the worst games ref wise of the year.

Drive home is going to suck after lunch.

Ugh.

• Like 1

what?

The carriage has turned into a pumpkin. This loss is as bad as UVA in 2007.

Huh? Against a 28-5 team, riding a 20 game win streak, 16-0 in the conference, 9pt road dogs...and they get to the last minute before losing. That's what qualifies as a bad loss?... I'll take this one any day over the home tourney hairball they coughed up against Hartford last year.

• Like 5

Nichols didn't help matters but this is all about the calls or lack there of. I complain about refs but rarely do this extent...this was epicly bad. One of the worst games ref wise of the year.

Ugh.

Disagree with you. We got some calls too that worked in our favor. The calls were overall TERRIBLE (we agree), but this comes down to Nichols and Cremo. Cremo did zilch in 1st half, Nichols was terrible in the second. 1 of 9 from three other range for Nichols speaks volumes.

It's not rocket science. He was hucking shots at the end of the game. Also doesn't help when Rowley did zero either. Cremo killed us with the charge and blocking calls (on both ends).

A lot of it is attributed to youth and that he's played hero balls and it's worked for us previously. Guy went from 2PPG last year to 18PPG this year. Tremendous progress. All in all, another AE championship game. When you're in a one-bid league, you're not going to win EVERY do or die game.

Edited by justdrastik1

Tough loss...Proud of team and future bright.

That quickly devolved from a game they shouldn't have won to a game they shouldn't have lost. Hero ball indeed.

Good effort; now make a run in a secondary, tertiary, or quaternary post season tournament to close out the season.

Yes, unfortunately it's what you get sometimes out of a guy who has supreme confidence in himself but relatively young and with a developing mental game. Nichols as a senior doesn't attempt 25 shots. Ypu live and hopefully learn with a young kid seeing really his first year of action.

I'm OK with it...

Agreed. That's who David seems to be as a player. We can't love him and hate him for it based on the outcome. That is how he is going to play. He could have tried to distribute more but when he did no one but Travis really stepped up on offense. I'm happy that many of these guys will be around for 2 more years. A feeling we haven't felt under Brown..Championship loss..humbles us all as armchair quarterbacks. Edited by MRSGDG

Ugh.

The refs may have been bad but we expected that. We knew we had to play a nearly perfect game, and we didn't.

So what were your impressions of Patrick Gym?

what?
The carriage has turned into a pumpkin. This loss is as bad as UVA in 2007.
Huh? Against a 28-5 team, riding a 20 game win streak, 16-0 in the conference, 9pt road dogs...and they get to the last minute before losing. That's what qualifies as a bad loss?... I'll take this one any day over the home tourney hairball they coughed up against Hartford last year.

This is worse than Hartford. Hartford was a fluke. This was the worst loss in the history of the program.