UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2017-18 MBB Schedule

Was bored this off-season so I started spreadsheets to keep track of recruits, schedules, etc. over the years.

Did some number crunching today and here is our record since I became a fan and since our first arrival on the big stage in March (aka, the 2005-2006 campaign):

Since 2005-2006

Type		Home/Away	W	L
OOC		Home		46	16
		Away		44	60
Conference	Home		66	30
		Away		52	45
AE Tournament	Home		10	2
		Away		9	5
Post Season	Home		0	2
		Away		1	6

Total		228	166

We go to the post season quite a bit but goodness, we can't win. Even the lesser tournaments.

* Post season = NCAA's, CBI, CIT, etc.
** I didn't delineate between away neutral site or away at someones place...if it wasn't at SEFCU, it's an away game (this includes the LCC games).
*** Pending I don't have a typo somewhere in an error, this *should* be accurate lol

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1

We go to the post season quite a bit but goodness, we can't win. Even the lesser tournaments.

If we treated these "lesser" tournaments more seriously, it would be an overall positive for our program. Except we continue to play them as if we do not want to be there. We play these with such a down and disappointed attitude , we allow lesser teams to constantly beat us. I have said until I am blue in the face, in a one bid conference it is NOT a slap in the face to play in a tournament other than the ncaa. The team, coaches & fans need to embrace every post season tournament and participate like your life depended on it, just as you would in the ncca show.

Edited by dslyank

• 3 weeks later...

UALBANY MEN'S BASKETBALL TO PLAY CHARITY EXHIBITION AT WVU ON OCTOBER 28

http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15800&ATCLID=211674030

Game will be at 7:30pm

West Virginia and Albany received an NCAA waiver to play the additional exhibition game with all proceeds benefiting the ongoing hurricane relief efforts. The two teams will play a regulation 40-minute game.

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 1

WVU release today says "There will be no television, radio or web streaming coverage of the event, but live stats will be available at wvulivestats.com." :angry2:

During most years this game would be a secret scrimmage we wouldn't hear about so live stats are a step up.