UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Penn @ Albany

..... you cannot honestly sit there and tell me that Giff didn't get beat like a red headed step child on a number of plays.... - bosi

Too many people see who a player is matched up with to start a sequence and take it that that is the players responsibility, which often is incorrect once a team starts its offensive set and players start moving and screening.

It's easy when you play pick up in the gym and match up almost completely man to man but when you starting switching or rotating defensive assignments it easy for a defender doing the right thing to appear to have been beaten by his man when he correctly rotated and someone else didn't do the right thing. That's where Timmy often gets himself in trouble.

The one thing you can consistently say about Brett is he knows where he is suppose to be on the court defensively. Like Kirsten, Brett gets most of his cheap fouls for being big and bumping bodies in the lane, the same contact is rarely called in the AE when evenly matched bodies bang each other.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Getting beat a couple of times" and "being totally lost out there" are two entirely different things. Everyone on the team probably got beat a couple times.

alum,

That's a fair point.....to be clear, I side more with the "he got beat a couple (more then once or twice) of times" rather then " he looked totally lost out there". It would be disingenuous of me to say that he didn't also have a number of good defensive plays, where he switched properly or took up space, was positioned properly etc. Brett is a good kid who will continue to get better.....I'm a fan of his, but I also try to be fair to the best of my ability. I'm not always right but I try to be fair and listen to what other people around me have to say and there were a number of people sitting around me who were of the same opinion. Anyway, at this point I feel the point has been made; if there was ever a point to be made. I'm not on some crusade to make Brett look bad and I wish nothing but the best for him and the team the rest of the way. We won the game and Brett was for the most part a positive contributor out there for us.

Peace!

This video was posted on the TU blog....it's 6 minutes worth of recap footage of the win against Penn. It's great to see how hard Timmy runs back on D, every time he is sprinting down court. Some of his moves were simply spectacular....that spin and layin was very Jamar like. On a separate note.....Raffa is going to be a freakin stud!

I'm not sure who Matt is but I loved the vid.....very nicely done, wouldn't mind seeing more of these after games. Very much appreciated!

Archived