UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Stadium Funding and UAlbany Flagship

uofalbany

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

the state agreed to give $20 billion in school aid across NY. That is unreal! Now we have to see what they do with the university system...waiting for the start of the meeting. It seems we may know the fate of expansion by the end of the night.

the state agreed to give $20 billion in school aid across NY. That is unreal! Now we have to see what they do with the university system...waiting for the start of the meeting. It seems we may know the fate of expansion by the end of the night.

I'm sorry, what expansion? Are you saying we might know the fate of the "flagship" initiative of the past governor? I'm not sure what this expansion you speak of is.

Sent out feelers to see what, if any, money we got out of the current agreement. Haven't heard anything yet.

I did hear about a bit of a blow up on Saturday with SUNY/CUNY (I think capital) funding percentage issues during conference committee. Not sure what the specific areas/items were, but the news didn't sound good. Hopefully the stadium, etc. weren't parts of that.

You know, as much as I benefited from college courses and workshops when I was in High School, I never understood the idea that CUNY should get as much, if any, of its funding from NYS. If we want to do that, have a couple of SUNY campuses down there. Other than that, NYC-- the banking capital of the world as the new signs point out-- should find the capital to fund these schools.

It is not good business IMHO.

Archived