UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Thanks, bob,

After I posted my question, I found the answer in another thread. Should have looked there first. Stupid on my part.

Another question: what was the turnout like? A game at 7 pm in early April in the Capital District does not sound like it would attract many fans.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Turnout maybe 300, not many from Siena but parents and girlfriends, maybe 30-40 Shen grade-school kids who played at halftime. Not many Albany students either.

Though the final score was 13-6, a better feel for the game is that it was 12-3 after three quarters.

Turnout maybe 300, not many from Siena but parents and girlfriends, maybe 30-40 Shen grade-school kids who played at halftime. Not many Albany students either.

Though the final score was 13-6, a better feel for the game is that it was 12-3 after three quarters.

UAalum,

Thanks for your report. Appreciate it.

Thanks, bob,

After I posted my question, I found the answer in another thread. Should have looked there first. Stupid on my part.

Another question: what was the turnout like? A game at 7 pm in early April in the Capital District does not sound like it would attract many fans.

I would have been there....but it was to cold to bring my 1.5 year old.

Also I think a little smaller than the last 2 games which were also cold but in the day. Many of the $iena faithful left at half time when UA was up 7-2 or in the 3rd qtr when the lead was built up to 12-3.

Personally I don't mind the night game as I am at work during the day.

I would have been there....but it was to cold to bring my 1.5 year old.

Too bad we weren't playing an opponent good enough to at least get the game on TW3 for you. According to the back of the Scott Marr Top dog lacrosse camp sheet I was given, next weeks game against Yale is on TV. It doesn't say the channel, but I would think TW3.

BTW, Siena was not the only maac team to lose at UA today. Softball sweeps Iona 4-0 and 11-2

Siena is improving and that's good for the rivalry. Hopefully our basketball team will make that rivalry even better. It's nice to have a crosstown rival. Each school has a couple teams which have been dominent at times, but we appear to be on an upswing in women's golf and tennis, which are usually 2 pretty good teams at Siena. Aside from the constant bickering on the boards by a few of each teams fans, it's an enjoyable matchup. The TU should have plenty of space to give both D1 competitors decent coverage. I hope they (the TU) eventually suceed in doing it well. Yrsterday's reportinh of the women's lax game ith 5th ranked Syracuse was woefully inadequate and that's with several local girls playing.

17,000+ students

5,000+ employees

1,000+ faculty

140,000+ alumni

If the TU doesn't recognize these numbers, they shouldn't be in business. UAlbany is eastern New York's only flagship university. Siena? Not our benchmark. I don't care about Siena.

Archived