UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Brown Candidate for Providence Job?

What the heck is going on at Providance....no-one is willing to go near that job.

Maybe somebody spread the word that it's a dead end, a coaching career-killer :lol:

Although seriously it's WAY better than St. Bonaventure

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Echoing Dane96's thoughts, how about a new conference forming in the Northeast? Something along the lines of the New England America Catholic Conference (NEACC) (because American Catholic Conference, or ACC, wouldn't go over well). In the emerging spirit of religious solidarity, small non-sectarian private schools such as Hartford will be allowed to join.

How about we start the list with:

1. Providence

2. Hartford (do they really fit the profile of the America East?)

3. Siena (they're due for a Conference switch; remember, they were in the conference we now call the America East at one time)

4. Notre Dame (so their football team can win a conference championship; shouldn't be hard with the foregoing schools :lol: ) (I know, they aren't in New England, but they aren't exactly in the [big] East either).

5. ?

6.-10. ?

Echoing Dane96's thoughts, how about a new conference forming in the Northeast? Something along the lines of the New England America Catholic Conference (NEACC) (because American Catholic Conference, or ACC, wouldn't go over well). In the emerging spirit of religious solidarity, small non-sectarian private schools such as Hartford will be allowed to join.

How about we start the list with:

1. Providence

2. Hartford (do they really fit the profile of the America East?)

3. Siena (they're due for a Conference switch; remember, they were in the conference we now call the America East at one time)

4. Notre Dame (so their football team can win a conference championship; shouldn't be hard with the foregoing schools :lol: ) (I know, they aren't in New England, but they aren't exactly in the [big] East either).

5. ?

6.-10. ?

I am more inclined to believe that if they did make the "Catholic League" it would include PC with the Catholic Schools in the A-10 (Dayton, Xavier, St. Joe's etc), and not really confine itself to New England. Seton Hall, St. John's join them. Marquette and Nortre Dame would probably get to stay in the Big East (even though Marquette doesn't have football...and ND doesn't play Big East Football). Still..."The Catholic League" would be a two bid conference and fun to watch.

The Catholic would include all of those...plus Villanova, Georgetown, Marquette, etc. The new Big East would be:

UConn

Rutgers

PITT

S. Florida

Louisville

Cincinnati

Notre Dame

Syracuse

West Virginia

Memphis

UCF

Charlotte

Other possibilities could be:

ECU (not if Charolotte is in)

FAU

UMASS

James Madison

FIU (yes...believe it or not...remember....this brings in the Miami foothold and a HUGE spanish base. I have many friends who work at the school and this idea is not so far fetched.

Penn State- If ND goes Big Ten in football...there has been talk for years about this.

THIS WILL BE A FOOTBALL DECISION!

From Andy Katz on ESPN..

"Meanwhile, Robinson, who is the brother-in-law of Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama, also interviewed for the opening at Providence, according to multiple sources. Ohio coach Tim O'Shea and ESPN analyst Fran Fraschilla also have interviewed.

Providence first offered the job to George Mason coach Jim Larranaga, but he turned it down and received a contract extension. The Friars are looking to replace Tim Welsh, who was fired last month."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3335061

No mention of Will.

Looks like Travis Ford of UMass has been offered the Providence job. He was seen today on the PC Campus.

Brown Coach Craig Robinson, (Brother of Michelle Obama), has been hired as the new Coach at Oregon State.

Sorry to say, I don't think Will Brown was ever really a candidate for the Providence job.

So when do the UMASS has interest in Will Brown rumors start?

I think you just started it. On the UMass board they're talking about one of the assistants taking over.

Hopefully we can finally move on to over stuff. I think we have a recruit or two visiting at the end of the week.

Your visitor is....

Michael Johnson, 6-1 PG from Blinn JC in Texas. Not the former world class sprinter, unfortunately. He has offers from Albany, South Alabama, TX-Pan American.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect...mp;pr_key=78880

And sarge, I can start the Brown to UMass rumors if you want. :)

I bet they hire Derek Kellogg from Memphis though.

So when do the UMASS has interest in Will Brown rumors start?

Well, this won't happen...so we'll stick to the title: Will Brown to Providence??

http://americaleast.blogspot.com/2008/04/p...with-brown.html

(Like I say in the posting, this is probably re-hash of Dick Wiess' inaccurate blurb on his blog...but who knows what tomorrow brings in regard to this coaching search.)

Archived