UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Ready to upchuck?

GreatDanes06

To rub a little more salt in the wound.....watch the fly bye again very closely and you'll see where the rest of the money is going at SBU.

At the very beginning take a look at the left side of the screen. It was pointed out to me by a UNH fan. Check it out. Should be fun for you.

Due to laziness and being sick, I don't want to look back to see a comparision of SBU and UAlbany in total University funding from the State budget just passed - not excluding anything.

Anyone have the totals?

What I don't need to know is the SBU landed a SICK amount of money more than UA.... maybe close to 500 million more? (I may be off which is why I want the above numbers)

Point is, the SB and BUF campuses are getting double what we get for ours, and their ADs are getting double the amount that ours gets. This includes SB receiving all of this money for renovating their arena and their brand new football stadium.

We didn't receive the stadium funding because the state is on fragile ground supposedly. But, how did SBU land all of that funding for projects that ARE unncecessary (because they already have those facilities)

I believe all of us are very happy to hear that we are getting:

a new business building

a new campus center

a alzheimer's research center

a new nanoscience building

The other two campuses are getting the best of BOTH worlds. IT appears that we are getting only mediocrity. Why.

Leadership of the University, period.

It's a joke to see that Interim President Philips hasn't visited our local politicians. Pretty much sums it up.

We do need leadership that is willing to FIGHT HARD for this University, and get our fair share. We need leadership with vision like Kermit had, and with the balls to go out and get it. Without the balls and aggressive approach, we go down the slow road for a long, long time. We need someone heading the University like Dr.M heads the AD. Our President needs to make the NY government see our vision and make the government invest equally to the other U centers.

I like ot see that we have a new slogan, that we will attach to all university things in the future. Not much of a big deal though.

Nice to see that he arranged a UAlbany Day with local politicians, but was it only for show? Is he not building relationships for the good of our University? What the hell is he doing? Although he's an interim, he our President NOW.

God forbid the TU reports on any of this.

I'm all for a full page advertisement, which should include everything we have talked about over the past 6 months.

Anyone have any idea of what one costs?

In the Times Union?

In the New York Times?

Of course, the ad could be signed 'University of Albany Alumni'

What, in reality, does an ad do though? To me it has the potential to point out to prospective students how screwed up the behind-the-scenes administration of UAlbany is right now. That would not be a good thing.

What we should all do is write e-mails and letters to George Philip asking him for a public response to this. Eventually, with enough pressure, he has to say something, right?

What, in reality, does an ad do though? To me it has the potential to point out to prospective students how screwed up the behind-the-scenes administration of UAlbany is right now. That would not be a good thing.

What we should all do is write e-mails and letters to George Philip asking him for a public response to this. Eventually, with enough pressure, he has to say something, right?

Certainly talking about the discontentment of our leadership might be damaging. But, to show the world that the University is worth fighting for is important as well. IT certainly would light a fire under Philip's ass, I would hope. Maybe exposing the fact that the lack of a full time president is preventing the university in getting what is should be getting, equal treatment.

Of course, talking about the University and its history, all of the top 20 programs we have, the fact we are a significant research University, all of the success we've had in 8 years of D1 athletic history... should be shouted out LOUD as well. The University is pretty damn fine. Imagine what it can be with the proper vision?

We need to draw attention to this University. I'm not sure our present leadership has the vision to draw the attention, so what do we do? I like the idea of billboards around the CD, but we need to slap advertising all over NY State, and along the Eastern seaboard.

I'm afraid emails just doesn't accomplish anything. I've been working my azz off for the past few years supporting this University, and feel the emails and calls got us nowhere.

As for Philips, I want a reaction from him as well.

I also want a thousand other things from him, and I want it NOW.

Let's chat via e-mail. I concur in part with you. I will shoot you an e-mail this weekend (don't want you pulling all-nighters my friend). BTW, I may be in NYC this weekend...and may have a free night Saturday. I will let you know.

Archived