UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

vs UMBC - 2/15 @ 7PM

Eli

Next game up: UMBC on 2/15 @ 7PM. This is a MUST WIN for seeding purposes.

I also think we need to go at least 3-1 the rest of the year to secure the most favorable tourney matchups.

After UMBC, we have:

2/19 - @ Maine

2/22 - @ UVM

2/25 - vs Hartford

Hartford and Maine are definitely winnable games, even with the trip to Maine. So if we can beat UMBC and go 3-1 the rest of the way...I like our chances for #3 seed. Hell, there is a .00000001% chance we could even catch SBU for #2 if we go 4-0 and they go 2-3 rest of the way...very very very unlikely but "hey! ya never know!"

SBU has:

2/12 - vs Maine

2/15 - @ Hartford

2/18 - vs Binghamton

2/22 - @ UMBC

2/25 - @ UVM

If they lose the last two and get surprised by Hartford (who had a big win tonight) or Bing...who knows.

Edited by Eli

SBU has the head-to-head tiebreaker over us, so they have to go 1-4 for us to get second.

Ehh, good call. Did the math yesterday in my head and misssed something. I just put it into excel to help visualize (I love excel lol)...and if we go 3-1 and they 1-4, we both finish with 10-6 conference records which means they win the tie-breaker due to beating us both times. So it looks like we'd need the following:

Scenario 1: UA goes 4-0, SBU goes 1-4...UA finishes 11-5, UVM 10-6

Scenario 2: UA goes 3-1, SBU goes 0-5...UA finishes 10-6, SBU 9-7

#1 is more likely than #2...but both are very unlikely. Let's put it this way...SBU losing #2 to us would be like them not scoring for 7 minutes to finish a game................................lol

I doubt SBU loses 4 or 5 of their last games so I think we're destined to be #3 this year.

It's more likely a 9-7 or 10-6 UA team will make a run again like we did a few years ago lol. At least getting to the conference game...but if we get that far and face VT, I like our chances. We've broken their hearts numerous times in such games and Brown is a big game coach most of the time.

Edited by Eli

Wasn't paying attention, I think they said it's ten bucks, probably sold thru the school district.

Gotcha. Hopefully it's packed and fans are keeping an eye on the standings.

It is a group sales promotion like when the valley cats had a group from UAlbany Alumni association at a game in each of the last few years.

Like 72, I also didn't pay attention to all the details of this one

Wasn't paying attention, I think they said it's ten bucks, probably sold thru the school district.

16641122_10100459486958349_6569554924625

"Last year I had an idea to bring as many people from my hometown of Scotia out to a UAlbany basketball game, being as we have a Tartan in a starring role on the team. After working in concert with the UA ticket office we had a great turnout, so we're going to do it again. Wednesday, February 15th. Enter the promo code on the flyer and get a ticket for cheap. What has made the Scotia-Glenville community special is that we've always supported our own, and I'm hoping the turnout on the 15th can be a reflection of that. If you're a member of the community or a Great Dane supporter please help me get the word out! Hope to see you next Wednesday!" -- Zac Bye

Looks like anyone can get the deal. Let others know if they don't have season tickets, lets get this place packed!

4cn6K8B.jpg

UMBC plays UVM at 1pm today. Another game that I know I'll be rooting for the Catamonts.

At the half 32-27 UVM leads.
UVM pulls out a win, wow. Thought that was going to be their first loss.

77-74 UVM

Edited by MRSGDG