UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Holy Cross 12/3

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how HC was putting on the full court press, or at least a version of it, with under a minute left to go and a large lead.

It's an early season, educational experience :blink: .... and a large dose of humility. Learn from the ass whooping, period.

We've handled the press a hell of a lot better than that in the recent past. Lesson: a snapshot of what needs to be done, against a

team with relentless defensive and offensive pressure and quality shooting. You step up, or you retreat.

They know they were pounded, and they are most certainly embarrassed by last night.

Edited by uofalbany

I believe almost every Patriot league team outside Bucknell plays the same style of in your face, 40 minutes of full court pressure, jump switches into traps etc etc....we looked lethargic as H.C. continued to press....even causing unforced turnovers....while Sam is tough inside, being only 6'6" is hard to rebound...Mike R needs to learn how to board effectively....H.C. RPI currently is 26th...but, too many teams have come into SEFCU last couple years and shot the lights out from beyond the arc....we also need major improvement in our high post screen game..has been very weak for at least 3 years...

Stats are weird. Almost same across the board, including turnovers but FG % and 3PT % were the diff.

HC Team Stats

ijoijoijjio.png

UA Team Stats

kjjhkjhkhj.png

My 1¢, usually I give two but Wed is only worth a penny. I also waited a couple of days too cool down. So for what its worth (not much obviously) we actually committed less turnovers than HC averages (18 vs 20+) and only one more TO than we created. The difference is HC scored on our TO's and we did not on theirs. So it comes down to shooting. We shot bad and they shot unbelievable. I know poor D contributes to this, but 70% from three is pretty damn good even if you are the only person on the court. Also, 6 for 6 for a guy who only made two previously all year and 5 for 5 from another who was making less than 1/3rd of his attempts to date. As they say you are never as BAD as you look when you shot BAD and never as good as you look when you shot well. So here's hoping it was just a BAD day.

Stats are weird. Almost same across the board, including turnovers but FG % and 3PT % were the diff.

HC Team Stats

ijoijoijjio.png

UA Team Stats

kjjhkjhkhj.png

So here's hoping it was just a BAD day.

I hope so too. One telling moment in that game was when we forced an HC player under the basket on a drive. He took a crazy shot that hit the bottom of the backboard and then bounced right into the hands of an HC player under the hoop.

The game was painful to watch - but a lot of that was how poorly we shot combined with how well they shot. Bring their 3 point percentage to just under 50% (9-19 instead of 13-19) and we pick up 12 points - that changes the dynamic and stops the keep away game at the end. The results could have been different. Up our 3 pt percentage a little - but still less than theirs and we are ahead by 1 (8-18 instead of 6-18). If you look at that way - I think many of us would feel better about this disaster of a game.

Edited by godanesgo99

The game was painful to watch - but a lot of that was how poorly we shot combined with how well they shot. Bring their 3 point percentage to just under 50% (9-19 instead of 13-19) and we pick up 12 points - that changes the dynamic and stops the keep away game at the end. The results could have been different. Up our 3 pt percentage a little - but still less than theirs and we are ahead by 1 (8-18 instead of 6-18). If you look at that way - I think many of us would feel better about this disaster of a game.

I don't believe in the lets take their 3pt % down and now we have a closer game idea. They shot what they shot and we shot what we did. End of story. Edited by UA'08

I don't believe in the lets take their 3pt % down and now we have a closer game idea. They shot what they shot and we shot what we did. End of story.

Dont get me wrong. I agree with you 100%. My only point was that although the game was painful to watch, a few different bounces and the result is far different. I think I would have felt bad even if my scenario happened and we eeked out a 1 point win. I was just saying that the game could have very easily been very different.