UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I had an email exchange with VC. Basic takeaways are that the AD is acutely aware of the inconsistencies and problems with both bag/prohibited items checks and concessions. They are working to resolve the issues. Both

security/bag check and concessions are not AD controlled functions. So resolution must come through meetings, etc.

am I under the impression, just by reading...that the UA athletic department has almost zero control of what goes on in this stadium? It seems so many agencies within the university and even outside have a hand in the pot. Am I reading this completely wrong?

No, you are reading it right at least to some extent. As told to me, Sodexo and UPD report to the UA President, not athletics. So even though it's occurring at the stadium, it's not as cut and dried as say a ticketing problem. So they have to work through other units, meetings, etc. Can't just say "change this" or "do that". At least there's a couple of weeks before the next home game so there's some time to perhaps iron out some problems.

I had an email exchange with VC. Basic takeaways are that the AD is acutely aware of the inconsistencies and problems with both bag/prohibited items checks and concessions. They are working to resolve the issues. Both

security/bag check and concessions are not AD controlled functions. So resolution must come through meetings, etc.

am I under the impression, just by reading...that the UA athletic department has almost zero control of what goes on in this stadium? It seems so many agencies within the university and even outside have a hand in the pot. Am I reading this completely wrong?

Seems to me that anything that someone disagrees with or has a problem with is all someone else's fault..especially after the fact. Might be refreshing to see/hear someone take responsibility.

Seems to me that anything that someone disagrees with or has a problem with is all someone else's fault..especially after the fact. Might be refreshing to see/hear someone take responsibility.

Yeah, only Athletics is telling the public it's UPD or "others" doing/fault. No one else is.. If it really is being forced upon them and not the other way around why aren't we hearing that from the school.

Due to the blissful quiet of two away games in a row, I thought to post the stadium rules for Villanova:

SAFETY AT VILLANOVA STADIUM

In the interest of public safety, and consistent with other major athletic facilities throughout the nation, Villanova adheres to the following safety procedures.

Fans are encouraged to bring ONLY necessary items to football games at Villanova Stadium. All items and personal effects carried to the Stadium are subject to search. Stadium gates will open one (1) and one half (1/2) hours before kickoff.

Prohibited items:

Weapons
Controlled Substances
Alcoholic or other beverages or beverage holders Animals (except service dogs)
Strobe lights or Laser pointers
Food
Video Cameras
Flags and flagpoles
Coolers, thermoses, cups, bottles, cans, flasks Aerosol and spray cans

Changes in national and regional security levels may affect security procedures at Villanova Stadium, including the prohibition of all bags or items in the stadium. Exceptions for medical reasons will be addressed individually at the gates. Also, fans found throwing projectiles will be subject to ejection, citation and other possible administrative action.

We appreciate your cooperation with these security measures. Enjoy the game!!!

Villanova is also notorious for restrictive tailgating - no pedestrians carrying alcohol into the tailgate lot, no returning at halftime, no resuming tailgating after the game, and Vehicles suspected of carrying excessive amounts of alcohol are subject to search - in case anyone was planning on going.

• 1 month later...

Anyone know if they have upgraded to scanning tickets, or are the ticket takers still ripping the stubs?

The season tix are definitely scanned, not sure about the others....if they have bar codes I would assume so. Well that's good news! I await a receipt of the email. Yes, on to the stadium seats. We suffered in those

$iennay rental seats and my wife missed one game due to bad back + $iennay rental seats. Our neighbors missed the entire season due to said $iennay rental seats vs their official stadium purchased seats + back problems.

No way we're going to rent them next year.

FYI: I just got off the phone with someone in UA Athletics and he told me an e-mail is going out later today that cancels the draconian clear bag policy!!!!

Score one for the little people...now onto stadium seats!

Haha wow very surprised. They actually listened to others in the community and school.

So the portable seats, can we being those in again since it was the bag policy that indicated we couldn't bring in seats?

Hmm thought this was all UPDs doing. (Snark face)

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 1

FYI: I just got off the phone with someone in UA Athletics and he told me an e-mail is going out later today that cancels the draconian clear bag policy!!!!

Haha wow very surprised. They actually listened to others in the community and school.

So the portable seats, can we being those in again since it was the bag policy that indicated we couldn't bring in seats?

At he Delaware home football game a high-school aged kid walked by me carrying a lacrosse stick and I immediately wondered how UPD didn't try saving me from the vicious attack he could have unleashed on me.

• Like 2

At he Delaware home football game a high-school aged kid walked by me carrying a lacrosse stick and I immediately wondered how UPD didn't try saving me from the vicious attack he could have unleashed on me.

The university isn't worried about those younger kids. They're more concerned about the perps from the Local Community College. Who knows the mighty destruction those JUCO's could wreak?

This applies to Sundays game at the SEFCU but I'm guessing it'll be regular next year:

http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15800&ATCLID=211317910

*MODIFIED BAG POLICY*
The University at Albany Athletic Department in cooperation with the University Police Department has issued a modification to their “Bag Policy” for fans attending basketball games at the SEFCU Arena. Beginning on Sunday, November 27, 2016, each GUEST is welcome to bring one BAG into SEFCU Arena provided that the bag is soft-sided (e.g., diaper bags or small purses) and its dimensions do not exceed 16 inches by 16 inches by 8 inches and are subject to a complete search by designated security agents. Refusal to allow a complete search of such items forfeits admittance for the GUEST and the BAG. UAlbany Athletics, University Police Department and designated Security Agents retain the right to refuse admittance of any guest, bag or prohibited item into University events.

If you have any questions please contact a UAlbany Athletics customer service representative at 518-442-DANE.