UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA vs. Binghamton

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with DP and bosiy, I yelled out several times for coach to take the "T". I have seen Sauers and other coaches turn around a teams effort, with a well placed technical. And I for one, do think we win with an honest officiating crew. The tall white guy and short fat one were about the worst "pair" of officials I've seen together in a long while. I've seen bad officials many times, but I do not recall ever seeing a pair like those two at the same time. Bing went to the line twice as many times as Albany (28 to 15 I think) and it was NOT a case of a team going to the line a lot at games end scewing the total.

Ok---I agree we played awful and I am not nieve enough to totally blame the stipped guys. So what does anyone think of this thought---the eight game road trip which was suppose to toughen us up, has done nothing but killed any confidence this team may have had and only taught us how to lose.

Not that I dont disagree with your point (I agree for the most part about taking the T), but Doc Sauers prided himself for NOT getting T's. He once told us he could count on both hands how many T's he got in his career.

I agree with DP and bosiy, I yelled out several times for coach to take the "T". I have seen Sauers and other coaches turn around a teams effort, with a well placed technical. And I for one, do think we win with an honest officiating crew. The tall white guy and short fat one were about the worst "pair" of officials I've seen together in a long while. I've seen bad officials many times, but I do not recall ever seeing a pair like those two at the same time. Bing went to the line twice as many times as Albany (28 to 15 I think) and it was NOT a case of a team going to the line a lot at games end scewing the total.

Ok---I agree we played awful and I am not nieve enough to totally blame the stipped guys. So what does anyone think of this thought---the eight game road trip which was suppose to toughen us up, has done nothing but killed any confidence this team may have had and only taught us how to lose.

Not that I dont disagree with your point (I agree for the most part about taking the T), but Doc Sauers prided himself for NOT getting T's. He once told us he could count on both hands how many T's he got in his career.

96, I have been been a season ticket holder since 1968 and I agree with you and know Doc Sauers did not take a lot of technicals. In fact, I probably have seen the few he did take because I can count the number of games I have missed (in yes 40 years) on MY TWO HANDS. I assure you, when he did take one he took it wisely or had players smart enough to know when too take one for the team. And when a player took a "T", Doc rarely had to be-rate him, because it was usually called for and at a time when the team needed and more often than not responded. Anyhow, i know I am rambling but like a lot of others, I am just totally frustrated by the lack of leadership on this team, and even though I like CB a lot, he is the coach and needs to straighten things out. Anyhow thanks for listening to an old mans ramblings

Wasnt so sure Mark Macon was the right call because of his ties to the old administration; not that he isnt a good guy...just the clean the house mentality I thought should have happened.

That said...this guy HAS to be a serious candidate for the job. This is, in some ways, a lot like Brown when he took over.

• 2 weeks later...

Shocking.. Vermont lost to Binghamton 73-67 tonight.

We were all pretty upset when we lost to Binghamton at the beginning of the season, pretty much assuming nothing could be produced from a team with so little scholarship players.. but it seems with their wins against Stony Brook and Vermont..they are proving everyone wrong.

Shocking.. Vermont lost to Binghamton 73-67 tonight.

We were all pretty upset when we lost to Binghamton at the beginning of the season, pretty much assuming nothing could be produced from a team with so little scholarship players.. but it seems with their wins against Stony Brook and Vermont..they are proving everyone wrong.

doing more with less. Macon is still a is a hoodlum.

Archived