UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany (3-2) - Albany Cup 2016 - Sun 11/27 @ 7PM

Eli

Great Gazette coverage today. Article by Mark McGuire highlights Nichols as being ice cold, as in ice in his veins and Clareth being fiery and hot/cold. He also gets a jab in on Patsos regarding getting teed up at an inopportune time while saying the program needs to grow up. A level headed Nichols bodes well for 16-18. Also notes how he pulled Cremo away when Nico tried to kill himself on the basket supports and Joe went to help. Must be the big city attitude.

Yeah I didn't quite get that. Why didn't David want Joe near Nico?

You do NOT pick up an opposing player. That's what his teammates are for.

Also notes how he pulled Cremo away when Nico tried to kill himself on the basket supports and Joe went to help. Must be the big city attitude.

That event with Cremo, Nichols and Clareth was discussed a lot in our car on the way home. I thought Joe went over to check if he was alright and Nichols either wasn't sure why he was going over there or realized nothing good could happen from it and lead him away. Either way, for starting his sixth game, I like the way Nichols takes charge.

Also, Joe Girard III, the Glens Falls phenom we're recruiting, was at the game last night.

Great Gazette coverage today. Article by Mark McGuire highlights Nichols as being ice cold, as in ice in his veins and Clareth being fiery and hot/cold. He also gets a jab in on Patsos regarding getting teed up at an inopportune time while saying the program needs to grow up. A level headed Nichols bodes well for 16-18. Also notes how he pulled Cremo away when Nico tried to kill himself on the basket supports and Joe went to help. Must be the big city attitude.

It's good sportsmanship to at least check if he's alright. Didn't really mean to say that Joe should have gave him a hand up, although it happens quite a bit in football.

Speaking of football, and this Girard kid...ya'll said he plays QB? Perhaps he can be a two sport star? LOL.

• Like 1

It's good sportsmanship to at least check if he's alright. Didn't really mean to say that Joe should have gave him a hand up, although it happens quite a bit in football.

Speaking of football, and this Girard kid...ya'll said he plays QB? Perhaps he can be a two sport star? LOL.

As much as I love and respect my Danes, I think we won't get a shot at this kid. He's already gotten a D1 offer as a Freshman (High Point) and when you drop in 32ppg as a 9th grader you get noticed. Especially when you are in the same program that turned out Jimmer Fredette. By the time he's a junior the power conferences are going to be all over him. If CB can land him it will be a major coup.

A little late to the conversation. I was away with family for the holiday; but I was able to watch on my phone via espn3. The feed was excellent both video and audio. Obviously, I was NOT happy with the day scheduled for this game and concur we should dictate the terms, date and location or cancel the series {play the neutral site "tournament" next year if it really happens--no other teams have been signed; but that is it.}

As for the game itself. AWESOME; UA was a TEAM and $iena was a punch of individuals with talent, but there is no "I" in team and I will not comment on their "coach." I thought Clareth's play was reckless and somehow he barely avoided a flagrant foul as well as the goal tending. I thought Joe could have been seriously hurt, but I admire him for his sportsmanship in helping Clareth up.

I thought both Charles and Grayson contributed mighty to the win and TEAM; but would like to point out over 80% of our scoring came from four year players (Nichols, Cremo, Rowley, Stire & Ennema.) This is not to raise a controversy juco vs 4year, but pointing out their is a place for both in TEAM. The fact that Nichols had to sit behind a couple of juco's last year may have helped him develop who he is today-- a STUD.

Edited by dslyank

"HoopJunkie" on Siena forum:

Two days after the annual UAlbany game. Reading and writing comments about the game, and the season so far. This year was supposed to be "the year" for a senior group of players we've grown with over the past 4 years, under yet another coaching regime. Since the rivalry game has been resurrected 16 years ago, I fell like for all 16 of those years, this game was a "must win" for our Siena team. Why? Because we are the superior program. The program with NCAA success. The program that has sent 4 head coaches to big time programs. Our fanbase EXPECTS our kids to win this game every year. The UAlbany fans, and program, look at it as an opportunity to prove they "belong" in the conversation as an equal. One that deserves to have the game rotated between the two schools home floors.

In the 16 years Will Brown has been the head coach at UAlbany. He has faced 4 Siena head coaches in his programs quest to gain that equality. Siena has changed direction, philosophy, production in those 16 years with the 4 very different head coaches. Brown has received one legit offer for a better job in those 16 years. He used it as leverage to get a great contract from UA so he could stay where he felt comfortable and where his wife grew up. Good for him, and his family. He's done a great job at a program that, because of it's newness to the D-1 scene, has very little, if any, pressure on him to succeed.

Siena has been known as a stepping stone job for high level assistants to get to that "million dollar" level once Mike Deane did what he did here in the late 80's-early 90's. Attracting assistants from Syracuse, Villanova, Texas that wanted to win 20+ games, get into the NCAA's and bolt for the bigger/better job ASAP. The stability in this program isn't what you'd want to produce consistent winners. Kids get caught up in the mix of playing for a guy that didn't recruit them. It's tough. The old coach might have liked a fast pace, the new one a walk-it-up, whatever.

This brings me to the fanbase. A spoiled one that doesn't deal with losing very well. Especially to the newbie in the same city. Trust me, our kids know how this game is looked at. It's sooooo important to the faithful alumni/fans that support the program, and have made it such a special place. I felt like the pressure to win was all on our kids, and not on theirs. It's never on their kids. They're not supposed to win the game, we are. They played that way, on both sides Sunday night. They were loose, we were tight Trying to force everything. Came back to play a great 2nd half, but too deep a hole to dig out of.

We are 2-4. Won each game we were favored in. Lost each game we were underdogs in. Fans out here already saying, "the season is over?!" No surprise. It's 6 games in, with a clearly hobbled Brett Bisping (nothing we can do) and two kids coming off 3 game suspensions (all our fault) where we've never had our full roster until the big rivalry game two nights ago. Nico played the first half like a kid that hasn't played for a week, and it hurt us. There's new kids figuring their role, and it may take time. Two stars players knees are in question.

If a team ever needed support from their fans, its now. Instead of the infighting and knocking every aspect of the program, get behind the kids and coach. Show them the sky isn't falling because we lost to UA. A REAL fan would do this. If you hate the coach, and thinks he's a failure, you have that right. Don't go to the game's, don't support the program. It's your money. It's your time. Be the fan you think would best support the program. Not the one that brings it down. We're 6 GAMES IN. There's a lot of basketball to be played. There's enough hate and distain pointed at our program from other ones that wish that they were us. We play at Bona tomorrow night. Support the kids. Support the program. People on this board spend a lot of time on it. I'm hoping because they want the team to succeed? Jumping off the ship after 6 games makes no sense.

Read more: http://sienahoop.proboards.com/thread/4905/aftermath#ixzz4RQVd9QBl

LOL @ the bolded text.

We don't have pressure? We STILL don't belong after owning them in BB for 5 of the last 7 years and being 1000x better in all other sports? We wish we were them?

WE ARE THEM. They are the step child now lol. As for as Albany, NY sports go...the team with "Albany" in their actual name is the king of the castle.

HJ, along with OldDave, are some of the most hilarious posters on that board. Tools to the max.

HoopJunkie is a delirious clown. He must be stuck in the year 2002.....

We are the GIANT of the Albany region! We overcame $iena years ago, and we continue pulling away.

Our bumper will be looking smaller and smaller to $iena as UAlbany continues to skyrocket ahead.

$iena is a has-been.

• Like 1

LOL @ the bolded text.

We don't have pressure? We STILL don't belong after owning them in BB for 5 of the last 7 years and being 1000x better in all other sports? We wish we were them?

WE ARE THEM. They are the step child now lol. As for as Albany, NY sports go...the team with "Albany" in their actual name is the king of the castle.

HJ, along with OldDave, are some of the most hilarious posters on that board. Tools to the max.

I have never once, EVER, wished our program was like Siena's. Just a dumb statement. He is right about a couple things though. They are 6 games into the season and banged up. Their fans need to relax.

LOL @ the bolded text.

I have never once, EVER, wished our program was like Siena's. Just a dumb statement. He is right about a couple things though. They are 6 games into the season and banged up. Their fans need to relax.

I only wished we played in a big arena as I'm a sucker for the environment (the NBA is my first sports love). That is all. But, I'd rather play in a 4,000 seat facility at 75% capacity that, according to people like HJ, is '$iena' than play in a 15k arena like the TUC with 75% of it empty or bagged up.

Edited by Eli

LOL @ the bolded text.

I only wished we played in a big arena as I'm a sucker for the environment (the NBA is my first sports love). That is all. But, I'd rather play in a 4,000 seat facility at 75% capacity that, according to people like HJ, is '$iena' than play in a 15k arena like the TUC with 75% of it empty or bagged up.

I love our 4,500 seat gym that rocks at even 75% capacity and has the darkest men's room in the America East

I love our long tenured coach who is likely to stay and win hundreds of games for UA

I love our large school with a concrete campus that will endure rather than eventually be threatened with closing down due to decreasing enrollment

I love our mostly good natured fans that keep it real

Would I like to win a round of 64 game or more someday? Sure, but I like where we are and where we're hopefully headed.

• Like 4