UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

any news on a new president?

madDOG

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is unbelievable.

Just quit? "We didn't find anyone, so we'll just stop looking."

I also read the budgetary mention to mean, to an extent, that they found their person but couldn't pay him/her enough to get them.

I'm not sure what to think about that news. Clearly we need a perminent president but careful what you ask for. President Philip has been open to expanding athletics. You never know what sort of president will replace him. Knowing the New England mentality we could get some anti athletic Vermonter. The next guy could be an improvement or a disaster.

That is unbelievable.

Just quit? "We didn't find anyone, so we'll just stop looking."

I also read the budgetary mention to mean, to an extent, that they found their person but couldn't pay him/her enough to get them.

At this point, just name Philip president and get it over and done with. If you're going to wait until a Chancellor position is filled, which might take years, why not just make Philip permanent? At this point just closing the campus and sending 17,000 students to SBU/Bing/Buffalo might make more sense than let the Albany campus rot to death via neglect.

Herbst should have never ran off to Georgia. Imagine if we counter-offered the presidency.

What discouraging news!

I imagine that the people on the panel have to be very frustrated by now with the whole process.

Excuse my facetiousness, but I can easily imagine that the composition of the selection panel has changed since it first went into operation. How many people have changed for whatever reason since it first became active? Are there people not yet born who will eventually sit on the panel?

What discouraging news!

I imagine that the people on the panel have to be very frustrated by now with the whole process.

Excuse my facetiousness, but I can easily imagine that the composition of the selection panel has changed since it first went into operation. How many people have changed for whatever reason since it first became active? Are there people not yet born who will eventually sit on the panel?

LOL :blush:

I take this to mean given the current state of SUNY leadership and the dismal budget news that qualified candidates aren't exactly jumping at the opportunity tp come to UA. Kind of like the advice given to a certain well-know area basketball coach when a new "opportunity" came his way out in western NY not so long ago

<_<

As I try to look for the positive, I'll go a long with ATL_Dane and say that Pres. Philip now knows he'll be here for an extended period of time and as such, he can try to get things done that he might have felt should be deferred to the new permanent president. He should now dig in and go to work on getting UA everything we need for moving forward and on fronts, not just athletic facilities. He stated that it (athletic facilities) is an important priority at the banquet and now it appears he'll have the time to get it done. "Go George Go"!!

In light of this I'd love to see a letter from Philip to alumni outlining where the University is and where its going.

Or maybe even a blog posting of some sort? That's the biggest thing I miss about President Hall. He was so open and forthcoming with his plans and amibitions for the school. I don't think that is too much to ask.

In light of this I'd love to see a letter from Philip to alumni outlining where the University it and where its going.

Or maybe even a blog posting of some sort? That's the biggest thing I miss about President Hall. He was so open and forthcoming with his plans and amibitions for the school. I don't think that is too much to ask.

It is if you have no idea where you are going! :rolleyes:

In light of this I'd love to see a letter from Philip to alumni outlining where the University it and where its going.

It is if you have no idea where you are going! :rolleyes:

Yeah that's kind of what I'm worried about.

Just an aside.....Montana just expanded their stadium again (a second level on the east side). It sold out for the season the day after the expansion was announced. 6 months before the first hammer was ever swung. They still have a waiting list of 700 people for season tickets. Stadium capacity is 28,500 now.

Archived