UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Aronhalt Watch

Just watched that video clip and he is explosive on the court...I certainly don't think offense will be as difficult next year as it was this year. We have a really talented squad...I hope we can all gel together and do something special this year

On the other hand, I hope the new recruits will get quickly up to speed with the defensive schemes Coach Brown wants them to learn. We all expected Tim Ambrose to contribute a lot of explosiveness to the team this year, but he had a lot of things to learn.

I'm mildly optmistic this year, but I'm not yet going to pin a lot of hope on our new players just yet.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Mike Yocum would have been a solid contributor by his JR year but after his freshman season I guess he didn't want to wait and hope it worked out so he went back home to Phillly U. and started as a soph on a solid team that made the DII NCAAs.

Philly lost to St Rose in 4 0Ts 85-75. Philly only had 6 players play more then 6 minutes. That's why Mike went there he was almost guaranteed playing time. In the St Rose game he played 50 minutes and had 11pts and 21 Rebs. This also gives you some insight in the difference between DI and DII ball.

Patch, you bring up a great point that I think needs to be enforced as we grow in DI- all of these kids who play DI ball were among the best at their high school levels.

What really makes you standout as you move to college is COMMITMENT. I think it is 50-50 that a kid comes in and says: OK...I can ride the pine or get limited time while I learn and by the time I am in my upper years...I am going to be a go-to guy or first guy in from the bench.

For some reason, I think a lot of people surrounding these kids give them false or just flat out bad advice. Hey, quite frankly I can understand a kid who knows he wont be a pro who wants to play right away. Most of the time that simply wont happen. I think, however, it is important that a kid really digs deep before choosing a school.

Does a kid want the rah rah big time sports and wont mind if he is not a major contributor...or is PT the most important thing to him. Sometimes, I think dropping a notch, if PT is impt., is the right choice PRIOR to choosing a school.

I also think AAU coaches really can hurt some of these kids by building them up bigger than they are.

Archived