UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Brown Candidate for Providence Job?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely an interesting decision, and only time will tell if the reports of their interest in Brown are true. Everybody here would be extremely sad to see him go, but at the same time, it would be a hell of an opportunity for him. I am definitely getting way ahead of myself here, but I would be interested in seeing what effect his potential departure would have on incoming recruits/returning players...(assuming he leaves of course)

Just to give everyone a little update, i was reading on the providence message board that the president of the school interrupted mass tonight to let them know they have an offer out to a candidate who will inform them in the morning of their decision...he seemed enthusiastic, stating "Wow would this be good if this works out"...probably Leatio. Anyway, this is a good sign that Brown will be staying

Just to give everyone a little update, i was reading on the providence message board that the president of the school interrupted mass tonight to let them know they have an offer out to a candidate who will inform them in the morning of their decision...he seemed enthusiastic, stating "Wow would this be good if this works out"...probably Leatio. Anyway, this is a good sign that Brown will be staying

Leatio of Virginia? Ummmm...would be shocked with that one as well.

Why would he be leaving Virginia?

This is not a slight to Will, but I have to think PC hoop community would be very disappointed if Will was the best option. Granted, the program has been down in recent years, but there is a strong tradition of success and excellent community/alumni support. PC hoop fans are expecting a high profile name, and/or one of this years hot mid major coaches.

If Will were lucky enough to get the PC job, he is gone (hard to turn down a job where you triple your salary and have a chance to be successful in a major hoop conference). However, I don't think this is Will's year to move up. Don't read too much into his non-commital media quotes. Ambitious coaches like to have their name tossed around for big time jobs. Positive "buzz" creates its own reality and give the coach additional leverage when dealing with administrators.

I was speculating Laito since there had been a lot of rumblings that there was some mutual interest going on there...I don't know what his connection is to the school, if any, but there were some rumors he was going to be up there...ESPN is reporting Fraschilla is in the mix too, so we'll see what happens

Lol I agree it would be a bad move, i'm just speculating on what I had heard :)

Update: http://www.dailyprogress.com/cdp/sports/ca...es_rumors/8004/

That's an article from this morning when he actually states he would have no interest in the job and that he's not sure where all the rumors are coming from...there goes another candidate lol

Nothing is going on-- It is based on the reason I think the BE breaks up; The Catholic schools, outside a select few, just wont have the resources to compete year in and year out with the State schools...or big privates.

Archived