Photo

Women's Basketball 2017-18

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#31 olddog71

olddog71

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 04:20 PM

Evidently NIU played a very successful fourth quarter in its previous game against Sacramento State.

#32 UAalum72

UAalum72

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,008 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 05:56 PM

UA 97 - NIU 91 OT FINAL.  I only saw the last 5 minutes of regulation.  Looks like UA blew a 12 point lead in the 4th Qtr.

Recap says we made 2 free throws with 0.4 left and They still tied it?

I keep forgetting they dont have to go the length of the court any more

I thought the men did good last night, women had 61 boards to NIUs 44.

Edited by UAalum72, 21 December 2017 - 06:14 PM.

#33 Dane Pound

Dane Pound

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,840 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 01:27 PM

RPI up to 64 with the wins in Puerto Rico. Two losses were to teams in the top 50.

#34 jimbo

jimbo

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 05:41 PM

UA 97 - NIU 91 OT FINAL.  I only saw the last 5 minutes of regulation.  Looks like UA blew a 12 point lead in the 4th Qtr.

Recap says we made 2 free throws with 0.4 left and They still tied it?
I keep forgetting they dont have to go the length of the court any more
I thought the men did good last night, women had 61 boards to NIUs 44.

The stat that caught my eye from that game was the 94 FGAs the ladies chucked up.

#35 Alum76

Alum76

Pup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 05:32 PM

The women played well today against Dartmouth

#36 Dane Pound

Dane Pound

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,840 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:21 PM

The women played well today against Dartmouth

A little surprised at the result. Dartmouth is a top 100 team and that game was bordering on a blowout at times. Impressive.

#37 sarge965

sarge965

BPF Bracket Challenge Winner

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:22 PM

The women have played some great basketball out of conference. The only game they werent really in at the end was Maryland ( first game of season ). Could have beaten St Johns. If they continue playing as well as they can it should be another trip to the big dance. The frosh are excellent.
GREAT DECADE TO BE A GREAT DANE

#38 jimbo

jimbo

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 11:00 PM

Relatively smooth transition from Coach Abe to Coach Mac.

#39 nysteve661

nysteve661

Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 11:07 PM

We knew when Richards was gone, Tate would take over as the go-to player. With her gone, did not think we had someone to take over this season. But ladies are stepping up from top to bottom!

#40 olddog71

olddog71

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 09:52 AM

I like the fact that UA beat 3 teams that they lost to last year. They beat Fordham both years, but it took an overtime last year at home to beat them while it was a clearer victory this year against Fordham on the road. Losses occurred both years to St. John's, but this year's game was far closer. The women beat St. Bonnie's this year for the first time in five outings. And this year the victory came on the road. Last year UA lost to Dartmouth in overtime, but this year UA handled Dartmouth more easily. I like the trends.

#41 UAalum72

UAalum72

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 7,008 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:27 PM

I like the fact that UA beat 3 teams that they lost to last year. They beat Fordham both years, but it took an overtime last year at home to beat them while it was a clearer victory this year against Fordham on the road. ...I like the trends.

last year we lost to Fordham in 2 OT on the road, this year we won at home in 1 OT. Still a good trend

#42 olddog71

olddog71

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:56 PM

I like the fact that UA beat 3 teams that they lost to last year. They beat Fordham both years, but it took an overtime last year at home to beat them while it was a clearer victory this year against Fordham on the road. ...I like the trends.

last year we lost to Fordham in 2 OT on the road, this year we won at home in 1 OT. Still a good trend

Thanks for the correction. Yes, let's hope the trend continues.

#43 Dane Pound

Dane Pound

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,840 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:02 PM

They are jumping right in to conference play with two big games coming up. Tonight against Hartford kicks things off and then UNH.

#44 bob87

bob87

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:40 PM

Not sure what happened tonight but need a bounce back on Saturday

#45 statefan

statefan

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:53 PM

Not sure what happened tonight but need a bounce back on Saturday

Not playing MAAC teams anymore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users