Photo

[MBB] Game #20: 1/15/18 - 7:00pm - @ Binghamton

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#151 Patch

Patch

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:43 AM

Team is in a real jam -
Starters
Stire is solid
Charles has been great but early foul trouble has popped up recently
Campbell has struggled mightly on offense he just has to be solid on "O"
Creme has been solid offensively (disappears at times)
Nichols has really struggled offensively when he makes a few shots we're very good.

Creme and Nichols hurt us defensively see how many secondary perimeter scorers have had great nights against us.

Bench

Foster has been solid but is a terrible FT shooter
Clark seems not to by into the team concept he's a loose cannon no consistency of play.
Costa hasn't shown his supposeds shooting ability
Conway I guess is the player CB was referring to as not boxing out on a FT 2 times in a row.
Xavier must just not know what we are doing - he seems lost on D and O

This team is in a real bind unless it's so called stars start leading by example.
  • ZLK likes this

#152 Clickclack

Clickclack

BPF Bracket Challenge Winner

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,918 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:10 AM

Nichols shooting 2pt % all of last year in conference play was 50%...this year through 5 games 27%. There's no way this kid all of a sudden forgot how to score the ball...it's not possible!

You get him right, it all slides into place, you don't have to have people who aren't accustomed to picking up his load trying to do to much. 

I don't know what's wrong with David and I certainly as a fan who doesn't talk to him know how to get him going but when he's rolling, they are most likely rolling, only exception really is Maine. 

Edited by Clickclack, 16 January 2018 - 10:10 AM.

#153 Clickclack

Clickclack

BPF Bracket Challenge Winner

• Big Purple Fans
  • 10,918 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:15 AM

One more observation on Nichols...of his recent 9 out of 10 games where his ORating is under 100, his only game where he wasn't under 100 was....Stonybrook, not surprising Albany smacked Stonybrook up as much as 22.

Maine game was an anomaly, Albany just curb-stomped them out of the gate. He didn't play well and Maine really cut into that lead in the second half. If Maine isn't as inept as they were in the 1st half, there's a pretty solid chance based on how the second half went that Albany loses that game as well.

The more I look at the data, the more it's obvious to me that the engine of this team is David. It's a difficult conclusion for me personally to disprove, perhaps I'm wrong, would like other folks to provide what they see. 

Edited by Clickclack, 16 January 2018 - 10:18 AM.

#154 Patch

Patch

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 2,999 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:11 PM

Like it or not Nichols is the straw that stirs the drink, all things will be better offensively if/when he gets on track.

When our offense is on track our putrid defense even gets decent.

#155 ZLK

ZLK

Dane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:49 PM

Team is in a real jam -
Starters
Stire is solid
Charles has been great but early foul trouble has popped up recently
Campbell has struggled mightly on offense he just has to be solid on "O"
Creme has been solid offensively (disappears at times)
Nichols has really struggled offensively when he makes a few shots we're very good.

Creme and Nichols hurt us defensively see how many secondary perimeter scorers have had great nights against us.

Bench

Foster has been solid but is a terrible FT shooter
Clark seems not to by into the team concept he's a loose cannon no consistency of play.
Costa hasn't shown his supposeds shooting ability
Conway I guess is the player CB was referring to as not boxing out on a FT 2 times in a row.
Xavier must just not know what we are doing - he seems lost on D and O

This team is in a real bind unless it's so called stars start leading by example.

This X 2

Only thing I'd do is in a game like last night where we are sleep walking on offense to start I'd come out of the U16 in the 1H with our press and get guys moving a bit. Risk early foul trouble with a short bench, but to me it's worth it since when there's not much life to this team it seems to last all game until they're down 15.

Edited by ZLK, 16 January 2018 - 05:50 PM.

#156 godanesgo99

godanesgo99

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 903 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:09 PM

I know brown still doesn't trust the bench, but I'd love to see him attempt the press from the opening whistle and rotate the guards in out for a bit. The team has 3 capable guards. Run them all for 4 minute stints giving everyone a couple minute break. Every basket the team makes run pressure. Every 2 minutes someone should be checking in. Even if it is only for the first half, it would get the blood pumping.

Brown has always been a grind it out slow it down coach, maybe he needs to inject some energy.

UA Class of '99

Go Danes!

#157 Oldtimer

Oldtimer

Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:43 PM

The amount of playing time is irrelevant.  That is 12 time outs of 1 -3 minutes.  It is simply the lack of defense by matador guards leading to fouls on the bigs.  Start playing perimeter defense and we will be OK!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users