7 replies to this topic

#1 DaneForLife

DaneForLife

Pup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:12 AM

Any news that school has started? Everyone make it on to campus?

I saw that several players weee really strong at the Minto Cup.

Do we know how the volunteer assistant coach will be this year and who and when they play this fall?

#2 dslyank

dslyank

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:09 AM

Lax power forum has UA, Hopkins, Richmond & Army @ Du Burns Field, Canton, Md. Sunday 10/15. Looks like an indoor facility. I wonder why indoors and 4 teams in one day?

#3 DaneForLife

DaneForLife

Pup

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:25 AM

Thanks. That would be odd to play indoors. Wonder if something else is going on at Homewood?

Just saw a replay of an interview with Connor Fields. The announcers were pushing him a bit to talk about Tehoka, but Connor did a nice job of recognizing his abilities, and at the same time talking about how good this freshmen class is. Didn't mention any specific names, but did say several middies were fitting in very well.

Based upon what someone said who saw them play as a group this summer that isn't surprising to hear.

Anyone hear anything about how Tehoka's addition may impact the attack rotation and who might be moved to the fourth attack position in the middie rotation that Bennett Drake played last year? Drake really blossomed there. 

Have to believe that Reh, will be there with Fields, but with Laffin and Patterson having solid freshmen years will be interesting to see how the five main attackmen are used this year.

#4 AlbanyFan2018

AlbanyFan2018

Dane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:59 AM

From what I have heard, and it isn't too much, but that Nanticoke and Patterson are in the hunt to take over Drake's role and the other will probably get the third starting attack position.  Drake really did have a great senior season. Before Patterson got hurt and played less down the stretch I never saw him have the sort of outside shot that Drake had, and that Laffin showed he had in his game winning goal against Yale.

Also, understandably, Patterson had trouble finishing those tough, contested goals in close. Nanticoke is already a man when it comes to size and strength so if I were a betting man I think the starting attack is Fields, Reh, and Tehoka and it wouldn't surprise me if someone other than Laffin or Patterson plays the fourth attack on the offensive middie line this spring.

#5 dslyank

dslyank

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:18 AM

Inside Lacrosse has UA scrimmage against Hill Academy 7pm October 6 & Alumni game the 7th. I'll be out of town on the 6th, but hopefully be back in time to get a early peak @ the 17-18 team. If not back in time hopefully other's can make the game & provide early review.

#6 dslyank

dslyank

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 898 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:26 AM

From what I have heard, and it isn't too much, but that Nanticoke and Patterson are in the hunt to take over Drake's role and the other will probably get the third starting attack position.  Drake really did have a great senior season. Before Patterson got hurt and played less down the stretch I never saw him have the sort of outside shot that Drake had, and that Laffin showed he had in his game winning goal against Yale.

Also, understandably, Patterson had trouble finishing those tough, contested goals in close. Nanticoke is already a man when it comes to size and strength so if I were a betting man I think the starting attack is Fields, Reh, and Tehoka and it wouldn't surprise me if someone other than Laffin or Patterson plays the fourth attack on the offensive middie line this spring.

Both Burgmasters' and both Eccles' boys have great outside shots. You are right, the position is wide open. I know it is too early to get to excited, but this team could be record setting offensively. 

#7 AlbanyFan2018

AlbanyFan2018

Dane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:15 PM

I was very impressed with Alex's shot when I saw him play this summer. He can definitely rip it from 12-15 yards with a lot of velocity. Jack seemed to transition more into a defensive middie this past year, but he definitely has some offensive pop and it would be great to see him shoot more this year.

Matt Eccles didn't go to the goal much when I saw him play, but showed a lot of grit in between the restraining lines. Aidan Conlan looked good as well but with all the depth at attack I would imagine he'll have a tough time cracking through as a freshmen.

I don't think any of this year's poles will make much of a dent with everyone coming back and some talented younger guys who saw the field a bit last year. 

I really liked both of the 2017 goalies, but it is definitely JD's job at this point.

#8 AlbanyFan2018

AlbanyFan2018

Dane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 03:00 PM

Lax power forum has UA, Hopkins, Richmond & Army @ Du Burns Field, Canton, Md. Sunday 10/15. Looks like an indoor facility. I wonder why indoors and 4 teams in one day?

I was told the games are at Boy's Latin and Albany playing Hopkins and Richmond like last year.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users