UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2015 America East Tournament

Let's get it started!

3/4 (SEFCU)

Maine @ 7 (americaeast.tv)

Will Hooley be in the starting lineup or continue to provide a spark off the bench. Maine played UA close for about 30 min last time out. Hoping the great attendance will continue for this one.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Peter isn't in the game, our offense can get lethargic at times. I think Singletary becomes more effective as well. Less reliance on him to create his own shot, and our perimeter shooting w/o Peter on the floor takes a big dip imo.

(edit: Hooley... not Peters lol)

Edited by justdrastik1

I'd give Dallas one more start...he was basically a non-factor in the Vt. game as he has trouble getting his shot on his own and since VT. grabs, pushes and rides their opponents every possession, someone like Wheeler and Peter are better to be in the game for their escapability vs. Dallas

I'd give Dallas one more start...he was basically a non-factor in the Vt. game as he has trouble getting his shot on his own and since VT. grabs, pushes and rides their opponents every possession, someone like Wheeler and Peter are better to be in the game for their escapability vs. Dallas

I think defensively he is very good with his length at the top of the key. He's also always in the correct spots on the floor or 99% of the time. That second unit with Hooly and Baker is devastating...I think they have enough offense with Sam, Singletary and Sanders who's really coming on, on the first unit.

I'd be hesitant to mess with the chemistry right now and for sure, down the stretch you get Peter in there.

Aside from Sam, we don't have a guy that we can consistently go to for buckets. Singletary is great but I like his game in more of an uptempo style.. On the flip, when we're moving the ball around and there's nothing there, Hooley is the best creator outside of Sam.

We've won 14 of last 15, and Hooley did have a stretch where he missed games, but we started the streak with him. Not sure the chemistry becomes an issue.

Aside from Sam, we don't have a guy that we can consistently go to for buckets. Singletary is great but I like his game in more of an uptempo style.. On the flip, when we're moving the ball around and there's nothing there, Hooley is the best creator outside of Sam.

We've won 14 of last 15, and Hooley did have a stretch where he missed games, but we started the streak with him. Not sure the chemistry becomes an issue.

My concern is shuffling of lineups now, in the playoffs. Perhaps the adjustment could have been made with limiting of minutes for Peter as he continued to get up to speed during the last few games. My fear is inserting him into the starting lineup in a one-done scenario may cause a disruption.

I mean no disrespect to Peter or the coaching staff...I'm sure they know what they are doing but as a fan that's my concern.

But from here on out, everything will be a one and done situation. So if we don't insert him against Maine, when do we do it? I'd be more inclined to try and get a good start against Maine with Hooley, as I think we are talented enough to beat them with Peter on/off the bench.

I think if you don't add him now, then adding him later becomes more problematic.