UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2017-18 MBB Schedule

Scheduling Lacrosse an Hockey, and most other sports, are totally different then Men's Basketball and Football. How many decent BCS Football teams will give UA a home game, How many Big time programs will outright give a decent mid major a home game??????

Not likely, but it's an idea.

Stony brook got it with Maryland, albeit its at the coliseum this year.

Hartford has Boston college at home this year.

Edited by UA'08

You do realize that BC finished with a 219 RPI in the high profile ACC (that's almost impossible to do, when the whole conference is just about double digit RPIs or less).

Maryland is playing at the Coliseum in Nassau County which is 45min to an hour away from SBU (according to traffic) and that was because the Coliseum worked the deal because it has recently been reopened.

You are pointing out the exceptions, no major power conference team is coming to SEFCU

• Like 1

You do realize that BC finished with a 219 RPI in the high profile ACC (that's almost impossible to do, when the whole conference is just about double digit RPIs or less).

Maryland is playing at the Coliseum in Nassau County which is 45min to an hour away from SBU (according to traffic) and that was because the Coliseum worked the deal because it has recently been reopened.

You are pointing out the exceptions, no major power conference team is coming to SEFCU

Lol no need to update me on anything LI as I've lived here all my life. Apologies to you and WB for apparently offending you that we can't get a major program to play at Sefcu

Our opponent Kent State has Oregon St at home this year. I'm sure if I wanted to I can look through the schedules pull out a few more. TU and glens falls are available if we ever found someone so it doesn't have to be at SEFCU.

Kent State > Albany on the national footprint.

The SBU game has little to do with SBU and all to do with the Coliseum and Mikhael Prokherov and the management group he heads that runs the Coliseum.

You need some perspective.

I realize that Boston College has much greater name recognition than almost everyone on our bball schedule, excluding the obvious.

Isn't it all about name recognition and being associated with those programs somehow?

As for the football side of things, playing bc would be a no-brainer.

Are you saying BC, with a 219 rpi in bball, would make starting a home and home series in both sports not worth it?

I realize that Boston College has much greater name recognition than almost everyone on our bball schedule, excluding the obvious.

Isn't it all about name recognition and being associated with those programs somehow?

As for the football side of things, playing bc would be a no-brainer.

Are you saying BC, with a 219 rpi in bball, would make starting a home and home series in both sports not worth it?

I don't know what terms BC and Hartford agreed to but I seriously doubt that it is a straight up home and home series. Hartford will probably have to play at BC multiple times and probably at a lower payout than a typical guaranteed game if there is any payout.

Kent State > Albany on the national footprint.

The SBU game has little to do with SBU and all to do with the Coliseum and Mikhael Prokherov and the management group he heads that runs the Coliseum.

You need some perspective.

LOL this is amazing how this is getting spun. Patch said what BCS team will visit a decent mid major? Kent state not a decent mid major?

Agreed the coliseum has more to do with SB playing there as they are trying to promote "LI College Hoops" along with Hofstra as well. Villanova will be playing Hofstra there as well with the Jay Wright ties.

Simply pointed out BCS teams that are on the road visiting mids. You all need to get over yourselves.

We are not a high mid major. Kent State is a high mid major. The Kent State-OSU game was scheduled years ago...when OSU stunk. It's a home-home. Their biggest home game last year was George Mason. The year before that....SIU. Same with the year before

Oh, and they played DIII Hiram college. They played Oberlin the year before. They played Malone the year before that. ALL CRAP DIII teams. This year, Ohio Christian.

Again, perspective folks. Playing a high major at home is a RARITY.

Lol no need to update me on anything LI as I've lived here all my life. Apologies to you and WB for apparently offending you that we can't get a major program to play at Sefcu - UA'08

I would love to have a Big name team at SEFCU but I doubt I'll ever see it. In the Northeast the chances of getting a straight up game at home vs a BCS school is slim to none, unless there are some strings attached. UA having beat a couple of Power 5 Conference teams on the road does not help us in getting a weak to mediocre BCS team to come to SEFCU.

That's just a fact,

I would love to get Villanova, Syracuse etc to play us at the SEFCU, In fact I would love 3 or 4 of those games each season but realistically I don't see it happening

Again, perspective folks. Playing a high major at home is a RARITY.

It's actually 40 years since Kent State had a home game against a P5 team.

By that metric, we're not doing so bad with our 2001 home game against Syracuse. 25 years to go until our next one.

In the world where they have:

Won 428 games to 206 Losses since 1998.

That's an average of 22.5 W and 10.8 L per year

Their worst season in that 19 year period is a .500 record.

They have had 16 of 19 years of at least 20+ wins, including a 30 win season.

6 NCAA tourney's with a Sweet 16 appearance. They have 4 NCAA tourney wins, including Oklahoma State, Indiana, Alabama, and Pitt (the latter two being #2 and #3 seeds, respectively, and Indiana a #4)

8 NIT tourney appearances, including 4 "at-large" berths and 5 wins, including over Villanova and Tulsa.

4 CIT tourney appearances.

6 MAC Titles.

Head Coaches such as Stan Heath, Gary Waters, and Jim Christian (though I'd take Will Brown over all of them, combined).

Oh...and they were ranked 23rd in the AP Poll in 2008 and #12 in the ESPN Coaches Poll in 2002.

I love our school...I love what Will Brown has done, and the kids we graduate...but until we achieve that level of success in a better conference, Kent State = High Mid Major and Albany = Mid Major

Edited by Dane96
  • Like 2