UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Let's Fix SEFCU!

I think for now, if we close off the bowl (which will add 500 or so seats?), paint the seats purple (or upgrade them), get some screens and upgrade concessions (or have the ushers bring them around during the game - ALL GAMES! - so everyone isn't waiting for food at halftime)...we'll be good for a few years while we save/raise money for a full blown remodel or what not.

Edited by Ilko

If a new arena could pay for itself it would be easy. Fill the SEFCU for every men's and women's basketball games and then find other events which would fill the arena with paying fans and you could justify spending the money. I'm not a fan of boxing or mma but these events would fill a 5000 seat arena. At $45 bucks a head your talking serious money.

100%. We don't need a $15 million field house, though it would be nice. We need enough space to fit an indoor track for meets, a scoreboard for indoor track, and a field turf surface inside the track that's 50-60 yds long to afford the field sports some inside venue. You put maybe 1000 seats in the facility. And you are done. The most expensive cost, aside from obvious construction costs, is the heating and the bathrooms.

Most of these really expensive facilities are because they are putting sports performance and meeting rooms in the facility. For us, that's set to go in the endzone facility...so no need.

Here's a great article on the subject:

http://www.athleticbusiness.com/gym-fieldhouse/designing-the-modern-college-football-practice-facility.html

100%. We don't need a $15 million field house, though it would be nice. We need enough space to fit an indoor track for meets, a scoreboard for indoor track, and a field turf surface inside the track that's 50-60 yds long to afford the field sports some inside venue. You put maybe 1000 seats in the facility. And you are done. The most expensive cost, aside from obvious construction costs, is the heating and the bathrooms.

Most of these really expensive facilities are because they are putting sports performance and meeting rooms in the facility. For us, that's set to go in the endzone facility...so no need.

http://www.athleticbusiness.com/gym-fieldhouse/designing-the-modern-college-football-practice-facility.html

Not that I am recommending anything; but if you want the GIANTS back, this is NOT going to get it done.

Also, I am still curious why the corner screens were switched out for the last game. Anyone in the KNOW?

That is an interesting article, thanks for sharing. Hopefully we can build an indoor facility that will feature an indoor track and service the football team at the same time. I am not sure how we would fit a 200 meter indoor track and practice field in a fieldhouse.

Not that I am recommending anything; but if you want the GIANTS back, this is NOT going to get it done.

Also, I am still curious why the corner screens were switched out for the last game. Anyone in the KNOW?

Why on earth would we want the Giants back? What exactly the benefit to UA or our athletic program?

Why on earth would we want the Giants back? What exactly the benefit to UA or our athletic program?

What do you have against my giants .

If we don't have the facilities that they want , so be it . But how was it a bad thing that while they were here they brought people to our campus and athletic facilty. Our arena and football stadium have also been used for high school games . I don't see that as a problem either even though I have never gone to any of those games

What do you have against my giants .

If we don't have the facilities that they want , so be it . But how was it a bad thing that while they were here they brought people to our campus and athletic facilty. Our arena and football stadium have also been used for high school games . I don't see that as a problem either even though I have never gone to any of those games

All I know is they displaced our teams and coaches, never donated 5 cents to any facilities etc. They used UA...what were the benefits of them being here?

• Like 1

I don't directly know who was affected by displacement although I heard of some offices being moved in the summer. Nor do I think every think you do has to be a huge positive. A small positive is good enough for me. It was nice to have some people on our campus that might not otherwise have been there. I recognized some of our players in various sports working at the camp. We had a couple of alumni association events at the camp that we wouldn't otherwise have. Certainly much better than if LCC was able to host a camp and the giants went there .

Obviously I wouldn't go building facilities for the giants ahead of facilities for Albany, but of things to complain about the giants being here for the number of years they were would not be on my complaint list