- - - - -

ESPN+ and New ESPN App Coming

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GreatDanes06

GreatDanes06

Great Dane

• RACC Rowdy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:51 PM

https://www.theverge...ce-release-date

So from what I can gather, it seems like ESPN is taking the WatchESPN App and ESPN3 and taking it away from your basic cable subscription service and making it a separate $4.99 streaming service. However, this streaming service will not allow you to watch the basic ESPN stations (ESPN, ESPN2 etc...).

I would assume this means we would all need to pay $4.99 a month to watch UAlbany and America East sporting events on the this new streaming service. I'm also going to assume this will hurt viewership of small mid-major conferences. Me personally, I'll pay the $4.99 a month, but this is a very interesting development considering AE and most mid-majors have contracts with ESPN for online streaming.

QZcTc3.gifknLKdl.gif

#2 BestDaneSinceHamlet

BestDaneSinceHamlet

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:41 PM

When I read the announcement it read that espn3 would still be free if you have ESPN. The 4.99 appears to be a standalone service

#3 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:41 PM

I have cable that is paid for by my complex right now so this doesn't really affect me but when I get into a house this will certainly be much better than having a cable package or SlingTV or <insert here> for $20/mo+ just to get ESPN3.

I like it.

GO DANES!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users