UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Carcaterra was on with Roger Wyland this morning and sai Albany got "completely hosed" by the NCAA seeding. Nice article in the Gazette by Michael Kelly. Lyle Thompson says this team is better than any he was on.

Carcaterra also said that UA has a funky offense because they fast break with two way middies that create mismatches against opposing offensive middies who can't get off the field fast enough. He also said UNC should have an advantage at the X if it goes to a scrum, but fans should watch to see if TD is making clean wins early on.

Current weather for Saturday is rain.

Edited by jimbo

Fields makes the Tewaaraton final 5. IMO, a two horse race between Rambo & Fields.

The five men’s finalists are:

Trevor Baptiste, Denver - Jr., Faceoff
Connor Fields, Albany - Jr., Attack
Matt Rambo, Maryland - Sr., Attack
Ben Reeves, Yale - Jr., Attack
Patrick Spencer, Loyola - Soph., Attack

• 3 weeks later...

Face offs are funny. The same guy that TD dominated last week is giving Baptiste fits.

Now the day after...I am REALLY glad that Denver lost. Their coach is really a jerk.

Edited by jimbo
  • Like 1

well UA lost to the National Champions...takes the sting out a little.

This goes back to the horrible job the seeding committee did. By most accounts, Maryland was the favorite to win it all, and then most people had either Syracuse or UAlbany as the second favorite. The seeds should have better reflected that reality. One reputable website had UA as the overall favorite, followed by Maryland, stating that the national champs would be decided in the 1v8 game. It looks like that came true.

I am a LAX newb so I can't even pretend to know what I am talking about, beyond everything I read, but I would think that a strong case could be made to revise the selection criteria after this years tournament.

• Like 1