UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2017

Lands' twitter bio now lists him at Tarleton State.

There you have it.

My post updated:

UAlbany Men's Roster 2017-2018					

Name			Position	Height	Weight	Year		Status
Greig Stire		C		6'7"	235	Sr.		Returning
Brent Hank		C		6'10"	245	Fr.		Incoming
Travis Charles		PF		6'6"	235	RSr.		Returning
Adam Lulka		PF		6'8"	240	Fr.		Incoming
Devonte Campbell	SF		6'6"	225	Jr.		Returning
Matt Conway		SF		6'7"	200	So. (JUCO)	Incoming
Joe Cremo		SG		6'4"	190	Jr.		Returning
Xavier Cochran		SG		6'6"	195	So.		Returning
David Nichols		PG		6'1"	185	Jr.		Returning
Cam Healey		PG		6'2"	185	Fr.		Incoming
Costa Anderson		PG		6'2"	200	Sr.		Returning
Ahmad Clark		PG		6'1"	170	So. (JUCO)	Incoming
Nick Fruscio		PG		5'10"	155	So.		Returning

Possible Signings	Position	Height	Weight	Year	Year

Possible Departures	Reason				
Costa Anderson		Odd man out w/ Cochran, Clark and Healey joining				
Marqueese Grayson	Odd man out w/ Cochran, Clark and Healey joining			
Terrel Martin-Garcia	Odd man out in power rotation w/ Hank, Lulka and Conway joining				

Departures	Reason				
Mike Rowley	Graduated				
Dallas Ennema	Graduated				
Jamir Andrews	Graduated/Grad School?

So now we only need to lose one more of the three possibles listed above...with my bet being Martin-Garcia or Anderson. Grayson, if he has the mental fortitude to stick it out, could still be a serviceable role player for us. I think he's a little longer than Anderson although they are listed at the same height/weight.

Sorry to see Lands go. I thought he could have been a nice player for us if he could clear up his injury situation. There are certainly a lot of chances now for any incoming big to get some minutes. Only Charles and Stire returning players who have any minutes.

I actually don't see Costa Anderson as the "odd man out." I liked what he did last year and wanted him to get more minutes. Honestly, I thought he probably had to play out of position at the PG spot.

• Like 2

You're making many, many assumptions. Perhaps he just connected better with the other coaching staff or players, or likes the location, or has friends there, or any other number of reasons.

How do you know what his personal goals are or the importance of winning to him? These are young men who often make decisions for a variety of reasons.

Choosing a 10-22 Beth.Cookman speaks volumes about the person and HIS personal goals and the importance of winning.

Once we signed a G he was history.

• Like 1

Justdrastik1 I agree totally but it's evident winning wasn't his top priority and that's fine for him and good for us.

We need players whose top priority is winning. We were close this year and hopefully will be competing again for an NCAA spot.

What needs to be considered here is the fact that Bethune Cookman is in Daytona,

same town as Father Lopez... and Maitland lives two towns north.

He is choosing a D1 school close to home. The MEAC is arguably the worst D1 men's basketball conference.

Regardless, he's not a Dane so..... so be it.

• Like 1

What needs to be considered here is the fact that Bethune Cookman is in Daytona,

same town as Father Lopez... and Maitland lives two towns north.

He is choosing a D1 school close to home. The MEAC is arguably the worst D1 men's basketball conference.

Regardless, he's not a Dane so..... so be it.

His loss...could have experienced greatness as part of the GREAT DANES!

• Like 2

Best of luck to Maitland at BC.

It's all about Ahmad Clark now. Clark is coming with a little less hype but he still had offers from a solid MAC team and brought his team to the JUCO national championship game as a freshman.

• Like 3

Still not sure who is leaving and how many spots we still have to fill. If we're still looking for a big guy, they don't come bigger than Rozelle Nix who is leaving Pitt as a grad transfer - 6'11 and 300lbs.

• Like 1