UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting - 2019

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

JGIII got his Michigan offer over the weekend. I believe I heard that was his #1 choice all along.

He is a great local story, and I hope to find a way to go watch one of his games this season, but I'm thinking it's probably pretty safe to take the conversation about him out of the recruiting thread and start an OT normal thread on him.

Maybe I am just a pessimist on the chances now...

JGIII got his Michigan offer over the weekend. I believe I heard that was his #1 choice all along.

He is a great local story, and I hope to find a way to go watch one of his games this season, but I'm thinking it's probably pretty safe to take the conversation about him out of the recruiting thread and start an OT normal thread on him.

Maybe I am just a pessimist on the chances now...

Not pessimist...realist.

There is NO chance, the chance might even be in the negative numbers, that we get this kid. If Brown manages to land this kid and get him to play in the AE when a powerhouse program has offered him Brown needs an immediate raise and to be immediately inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame for his contributions to Mid-Majors everywhere. lol.

Edited by Eli
  • Like 2

While he's an incredible shooter, it remains to be seen if he'll have the athleticism and be able to defend that that level. You stick with this kid if things don't work out and he want's to drop down. Obviously, I hope he does well...there are many fish in the ocean but if he needs a safety net, I love that we are still around to catch him. He would rock the AE...

Don't kid yourself, Becker and Brown playing a LONG game here. They both know in the short term they have no shot.

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1

As noted above, Michigan (along with a few other power conference schools) has offered JG3:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2018/01/31/joseph-girard-michigan-basketball-recruiting/1084426001/

The other schools to offer are: Boston College, Penn State, and Washington.

Edited by UA_MA_2000

With 5 freshman on the roster next year and 2 scholarships remaining, you would have to think Brown will go with 2 JUCO kids. Or maybe 1 JUCO and 1 5th year senior.

With Joe and David being seniors next year I'm really hoping for an extremely impactful 5th year guy. Someone who looks at Joe and David and sees a possible big run next year. I think Foster is doing well but I would be hoping for someone way more impactful.

• Like 1