UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Brown Candidate for Providence Job?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Providence in contact with Will Brown????

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/8010846...3162&ATT=99

"The Friars have been in contact with Ohio University's Tom O'Shea and Albany's Will Brown."

If this is true, then Providence must have (should have) contacted Dr. M. first, though as of a day or two ago, Providence had not done so. Unless that has happened in the past 48 hours, my bet is that that Fox Sports article doesn't have its information right.

I think America Least's Blog article said it best: "I'd chalk this up to re-hashing bulls[iena]." http://americaleast.blogspot.com/2008/04/p...with-brown.html (alteration added).

I just feel like nobody is doing their research here...If will had actually been contacted, or was legitimately a candidate wouldn't our AD have sent out an email saying he granted permission for them to speak to Will? Wouldn't he be visiting the campus, or make some sort of public comment? I just don't understand why everyone is saying he's been in contact and is a candidate when we have no evidence of this except for one article...

I just feel like nobody is doing their research here...If will had actually been contacted, or was legitimately a candidate wouldn't our AD have sent out an email saying he granted permission for them to speak to Will? Wouldn't he be visiting the campus, or make some sort of public comment? I just don't understand why everyone is saying he's been in contact and is a candidate when we have no evidence of this except for one article...

What would the point of our AD to send out an email? And to whom would he send an email?

I don't think intentionally publicizing that one of your coaches and another college are in contact and have been given permission to communicate would be a wise move.

Drawing attention to something that may not turn out to be anything is illogical.

On the other hand, if there were mutual interest, he would be visiting the campus... and probably sooner rather than later. And his visit would be all over the news. I don't think a coach would be making any public comments during an interview process.

All I was trying to say was that last year when he was being pursued by Bonaventure, it was pretty much public knowledge everything that was going on...that he was going interview, that they had been granted permission to interview him, etc. This time around he's being mentioned as having "Been in contact" but there is no info that would support that...

From today's Providence Journal:

"Albany’s Brown never interviewed

Reports from all sorts of media swirl during a coaching search, and digging through it all and deciphering what’s true and what is not is a challenge. One piece of untruth that was reported in many circles as fact can now be shot down: Albany’s Will Brown was never interviewed by PC athletic director Bob Driscoll. That report originally came from a New York newspaper. It is untrue. That’s good news because Brown was the one name that never made much sense in PC’s search."

Projo - Coach Search

BTW Providence hired Drakes Keno Davis as their new head coach. Davis was head coach for one year (One Year!) at Drake, that's his total head coaching experience - Wow. Got him a 7 year deal with the Friars. Amazing.

Here's to hoping we don't hear any Will Brown to Drake rumors now :closedeyes:

Archived