UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

FYI.....CHN has kicked of the top 144 teams in 144 days.

I know some of us like to follow it in order to see how many if any AE teams will be on it and where we stack up. In the end it doesn't mean much since he didn't even have UMBC in the top 144 last season but it's still fun to follow and signifies to me that we are ever so slowly approaching the college basketball season .

Head on over and take a look if you want....Colorado in at 144!

They are predicting Vermont to win the conference and represent us in the tourney...interesting

UVM should be very strong next season, wouldn't surprise me one bit if they were the preseason pick to win the league. Preseason picks don't mean much though. Boston was picked to win last season, how did that work out? Granted, they were decimated by injuries, you simply never know.

They are predicting Vermont to win the conference and represent us in the tourney...interesting

I suspect that they are the "default" pick every year until another team from our conference makes some noise or takes out a team like Syracuse in the Tournament.

Why is UVM expected to do better next year? M.B. and Trimboli are back, as are others, but I'd still put Hartford (maybe) and Boston University (definitely) ahead of UVM. My top 4 teams are:

Boston University

Hartford

UAlbany

UVM

(and not necessarily in that order) I don't think any one team stands out at this point as a clear, 14-2 type favorite to win the AE Title. What do I know though.

I suspect that they are the "default" pick every year until another team from our conference makes some noise or takes out a team like Syracuse in the Tournament.

Why is UVM expected to do better next year? M.B. and Trimboli are back, as are others, but I'd still put Hartford (maybe) and Boston University (definitely) ahead of UVM. My top 4 teams are:

Boston University

Hartford

UAlbany

UVM

(and not necessarily in that order) I don't think any one team stands out at this point as a clear, 14-2 type favorite to win the AE Title. What do I know though.

Dont forget that UVM adds Maurice Joseph (transfer from Michigan St) this year as well as what seem to be two highly thought of recruits.

Im surprised you dont have Binghamton in that pool of top AE teams. Again, we've all talked about the potential chemistry problems which exist on that team, but they are loaded with talent...UMBC also returns some players from their team from last year as well. Like i said, the top 6 of this conference is going to be a free for all

Boston University

Hartford

UAlbany

UVM

Dont forget that UVM adds Maurice Joseph (transfer from Michigan St) this year as well as what seem to be two highly thought of recruits.

Ugh (*sigh*).

Start to realize - UVM is very, very good, Hartford has everybody of importance back, Boston U is as talented if not more so then last season and if they stay healthy watch out and we know Bing has the most talented group coming in by far.

UMBC will still be good, UNH is much improved, Maine will be talented and I don't know what's up with Stony Brook.

The question is where will we fit in. We barely have 1 double figure scorer and no All AE picks returning.

This is true, but if Connelly makes as many strides going into this season as he made going into his Junior season, he will compete for an All-AE spot. If Turly progresses in the offseason as much as he did DURING last season, he can be a legitimate threat at the 5. I don't think it needs to be stated the kind of talent we potentially have in the 1-3 spots, depending on how quickly people buy in and learn the system...we can be very good this year...or be an also ran in the conference...it should be really interesting

• 3 weeks later...

Up to 128 and still no sign of any AE teams. I doubt UVM, Hartford and Bingo are left off this list. Bingo on talent alone should be there....I can see UA not being on the list because we simply don't have enough proven players returning. Not that I don't think we will be good but during the summer, most of these publication are looking at who is returning.

I can see Hartford and certainly Vermont but not Bing. It might just be my bias against them but they finished with an RPI of 247 last year and lost their top three scorers. I realize people are expecting Mayben and co. to run wild in our conference but I think as a transfer I'd rather have Maurice Joseph.

I can see Hartford and certainly Vermont but not Bing. It might just be my bias against them but they finished with an RPI of 247 last year and lost their top three scorers. I realize people are expecting Mayben and co. to run wild in our conference but I think as a transfer I'd rather have Maurice Joseph.

I actually would not be shocked at all if the guy writing the reviews picked Binghamton. In reading his reviews from this year and last year, he seems like the type of guy that would say "hey, they've got three former top 150 recruits coming in, and in a paltry ass league like the America East, they will dominate." After all, he did pick you guys to win the league last year (Kidding!), but more to the point, I recall he said Maine was a team to "look out for in the America East" last season. Maine...everyone and their mom knew Maine would be awful last season.

Maybe he doesn't, and picks either Hartford or Vermont (I don't think two AE teams get in), but I guess I would not be surprised to see him pick Binghamton because of all the talent they assembled. It is one thing when you have transfers that sat out a year coming in and playing well like UMBC since they have the advantage of practicing and forming bonds with their teammates during their sit-out years (having Jay Greene to get you the ball helps a ton too), it is another when you assemble a JUCO crew of once considered great talents to be your primary foundation for success and expect things to come together smoothly right of the bat.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived