UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Regional Breakdown: South

But it's hard to have much faith in a team that, in its last four games away from home, lost to 12-20 Miami, 15-16 Wake Forest, 18-15 NC State and Virginia Tech by 27.

That would be the Miami that beat Maryland in the ACC tourney, the Wake that beat Georgia Tech in the ACC Tourney, and the NC State that went to the finals of the ACC tourney and just waxed Drexel in the NIT.

I notice despite the article, he still picked us in his bracket.

Don't misread our upbeat mood for overconfidence. I think most posters on this board know we are a significant underdog. You have better athletes at each position, and your backcourt strength neutralizes our best player. Our coach says we have a "punchers chance". An Albany win would be a major upset. That said, the thought is we have a chance to be competitive, which is more than anyone thought going into the UConn game last year.

Don't misread our upbeat mood for overconfidence. I think most posters on this board know we are a significant underdog. You have better athletes at each position, and your backcourt strength neutralizes our best player. Our coach says we have a "punchers chance". An Albany win would be a major upset. That said, the thought is we have a chance to be competitive, which is more than anyone thought going into the UConn game last year.

You absolutely have a chance to be competitive and even win. That has more to do with the quality of your program and parity in general than all the sportswriters jumping on the "Virginia is overrated" bandwagon. These writers just look at records. They ignore the fact that, as evidenced in our tournament, the entire lower part of our league got really hot at the end for some reason.

Will on Murphy, on the way to the airport:

The noon tip is fine for us.

Jamar and Jason feeling better after colds early in the week.

We're lucky in that UVA doesn't run a lot of sets on offense, and plays strictly man defense, so there wasn't that much to prepare for.

We don't want to run with them, so we have to try to make them play half-court.

Everybody's ready to go. Guys feel they have to prove something.

Will on Murphy, on the way to the airport:

The noon tip is fine for us.

Jamar and Jason feeling better after colds early in the week.

We're lucky in that UVA doesn't run a lot of sets on offense, and plays strictly man defense, so there wasn't that much to prepare for.

We don't want to run with them, so we have to try to make them play half-court.

Everybody's ready to go. Guys feel they have to prove something.

UVA feels it has something to prove as well, seeing as how basically every media outlet in the country has blasted them thus far. Should be a good game.

Really most outlets I've listened to have UVA beating us. Here is hoping they are all wrong.

A lot around here have you guys upsetting us. Should be interesting. If UVA doesn't bring its A game, we don't stand a chance.

I've heard from a couple UVA fans today who feel they have a point to make here. They feel they have been so disrespected in their league for such a long time, and long-time fans miss the celebrity the team had in the 1980's when Ralph Sampson among others ruled the conference.

The battle lines for respect seem to be drawn.

Really most outlets I've listened to have UVA beating us. Here is hoping they are all wrong.

A lot around here have you guys upsetting us. Should be interesting. If UVA doesn't bring its A game, we don't stand a chance.

I've heard from a couple UVA fans today who feel they have a point to make here. They feel they have been so disrespected in their league for such a long time, and long-time fans miss the celebrity the team had in the 1980's when Ralph Sampson among others ruled the conference.

Nah...been so long since we got any respect that we'd hardly know what to do with it if we get some. For that matter, we really didn't get all that much when Ralph was playing. Then the deal was that we really should have been doing better with Ralph inside...yada, yada, yada.

Nah...been so long since we got any respect that we'd hardly know what to do with it if we get some. For that matter, we really didn't get all that much when Ralph was playing. Then the deal was that we really should have been doing better with Ralph inside...yada, yada, yada.

I want the danes to win of course and it will be one of the biggest sport memories for me if we win.

I with the winner success as they go on to defeat Tennessee though I will pull for LBS in that game.

good luck VA and I hope both teams play their "A" games

I want the danes to win of course and it will be one of the biggest sport memories for me if we win.

I with the winner success as they go on to defeat Tennessee though I will pull for LBS in that game.

good luck VA and I hope both teams play their "A" games

Albany Alum, I like how you posted this at 5:35 AM!

This is the kind of commitment we need from all Danes fans!

Archived