UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• 4 weeks later...

Schedule came out today and no Johns Hopkins. Anyone know why?

If I remember correctly part of the reason is John's Hopkins is no longer independent in lacrosse and is now in the big ten for lacrosse starting in '15 . I didn't look at their schedule to confirm but that would mean league games to schedule and fewer "discretionary" games to schedule .

Schedule came out today and no Johns Hopkins. Anyone know why?

If I remember correctly part of the reason is John's Hopkins is no longer independent in lacrosse and is now in the big ten for lacrosse starting in '15 . I didn't look at their schedule to confirm but that would mean league games to schedule and fewer "discretionary" games to schedule .

That was my thought but the B!G only has 5 league games and JHU played 3 of them last year, only adding Rutgers and Penn State. Might be more rearranging the schedule as they finish with league games. They open with UMBC but otherwise don't play any AE, NEC or MAAC teams http://www.laxpower.com/update15/binmen/XJHUXX.PHP

Truthfully I don't remember what else was said about the reasons for Hopkins not continued. I knew we weren't playing them this season as it was talked about in the stands either late last season or at the fall game. Perhaps when coach Marr goes on Wylands show Rodger can ask that question as you know the Times useless isn't going to cover this local team the way it should be.

Also why is UAlbany going to LCC this season. Wouldn't the LCC folks always want the game to be on Albany's field as it wouldn't be a "true" road game for them, Albany's field can accommodate more of the community . Not to mention LCC's field doesn't have real lights , so community members with jobs will be at work during the game instead of being able to watch a 7PM game at Albany after work :)

Truthfully I don't remember what else was said about the reasons for Hopkins not continued. I knew we weren't playing them this season as it was talked about in the stands either late last season or at the fall game. Perhaps when coach Marr goes on Wylands show Rodger can ask that question as you know the Times useless isn't going to cover this local team the way it should be.

Also why is UAlbany going to LCC this season. Wouldn't the LCC folks always want the game to be on Albany's field as it wouldn't be a "true" road game for them, Albany's field can accommodate more of the community . Not to mention LCC's field doesn't have real lights , so community members with jobs will be at work during the game instead of being able to watch a 7PM game at Albany after work :)

I'm sure it's to accommodate their huge number of season ticket holders.

Looks like these are the transfers referenced above.

http://www.laxmagazine.com/college_men/DI/2014-15/news/121714_onondaga_community_college_seth_oakes_ky_tarbell_plan_to_enroll_at_albany_play_lacrosse

Sounds like the Oakes kid will play right away.

Lyle, Fields, Oakes as the starting attack most likely.

Edited by slickwilly