UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Another 2007

NJ Hoops is reporting you guys getting another verbal for 07 from Anthony Raffa of Wildwood Catholic.

Here's my profile for him with some articles attached.

Raffa

I'm not sure what to think of him. He was amazing in the AS Game that I saw and then a few months later absolutely terrible at Eastern Invitational. He was invited to ABCD Camp and played poorly there. From what I heard, he played so bad that he may have hurt his stock more than help it.

Thanks for the update.

It'll be great to have the signing period coming up so we can hear what the coaching staff has to say about some of these players.

Here's what Metrohoops had to say:

South Jersey

Anthony Raffa 6’1 Guard (Wildwood Catholic)-The charismatic guard was a joy to watch in this one. He knows how to give the crowd a show and still compete on a high level. Raffa has a flamboyant handle that helps him get anywhere he wants on the floor. He also has an extra gear once he gets in open court and isn’t afraid to sacrifice his body to finish off a drive. He catches fire easy and if he isn’t cooled off by defense he will put up huge numbers nightly.

Also a story about him at ABCD Camp

I've been able to find a couple of articles with his name in it. Seems like he is ligtning quick, can get to anywhere he wants on the floor, outside shot is suspect but improving, fearless going to the bucket and once he gets there is excellent around the rim, supposedly also an awesome passer. I don't know how he did at ABCD as I was unable to find anything about his performance there, but he appears to be very highly regarded and the fact that he even got invited to the now defunct Reebok camp speaks highly of his skill and potential. This one could be very good. Man the cupboard is stocked to the brim. Ranked 24th best senior in the state by MetroHoops, who ever they are.

In the interest of full disclosure of my findings here is another paragraph I was able to find....... "After watching at ABCD Camp last week, I expected more out of Anthony Raffa (6-0, 2007). Raffa is a really quick player with track-star like jumping ability. At ABCD, his lack of an outside shot hurt him, as he found it hard to score on the inside against the big boys. I expected him to be more of a go-to player for the Select but he was rather disappointing. Raffa had some moments where he blew by opponents and he runs the wing well looking to score, but at his size, he lacks point guard skills and a consistent jump shot. Worse though was that he seemed a bit temperamental." - CHN

And this...."Somewhat unknown to us, we took some time to scout Raffa since he’s a Jersey kid (Wildwood Catholic). He’s undersized, but is pesky on defense. At times, Anthony is pedestrian on offense (only averaging 4 points a game), but did make some nice passes and scored 12 points in his last game. We learned after the game that Raffa is not receiving interest from Rutgers, but has the attention of basically the entire A-10 conference." - Scout.com

He didn't get invited to the camp and it looks like they are going to hold ABCD again next year. He actually played his way into camp, which is still impressive, but I'm not sure who he outplayed at the event to get to ABCD. The Metro Hoops thing quote comes from their AS Game which is also the first time I saw and wrote about him. As I said in the Eastern article, he took a ton of outside shots and almost looked like he was trying to prove he could hit those shots. Instead he missed most of them. He was incredible finishing the first time I saw him, but really struggled in that area at Eastern too. I'm not sure if I've seen someone play more different in two games all summer than Anthony. He does play with a lot of energy and fast paced. If he stays under control and has his game clicks on a consistent, he'll be an excellent pick up for you guys.

Archived